PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to get 1" out of front brake line.

BLEEDRED
03-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I installed a set of trailtech clamps and now I need to get about an inch out of the front brake line. I unhooked the bracket but it still seems a little tight and I don't like how the line flops around. I don't want to spend 60-100 bucks for + 2's or anything. Any tricks? Automotive parts store? Thanks in advance.

xsr_racing28c
03-13-2006, 05:48 PM
I put a +2 houser stem on mine and had to go ahead and buy some Galfer +2 brakelines.. they were $120.. but they made a huge difference thats for sure..

I think your dead in water on this one, i'm pretty sure your gonna have to slap down the cash and pick up some lines.. sometimes you can get lucky and find some used ones, but they don't come too often.. Sorry i didn't help much, ~Jason

rowlrag
03-13-2006, 06:12 PM
Follow the brake line down from the master cylinder, and you'll see where it is clamped to the steering bracket. Unbolt the bracket, pull up on the line and re clamp it around the hose.

BLEEDRED
03-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Follow the brake line down from the master cylinder, and you'll see where it is clamped to the steering bracket. Unbolt the bracket, pull up on the line and re clamp it around the hose.

Ahh, simple!! Exactly what I tried to do. There wasn't any play/extra in the line to slide up. This is on a 2006, maybe I'm missing something?

rowlrag
03-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Your missing something, cause I've done 06 too.