PDA

View Full Version : American Star Racing A-arms (asr)

123patrickquad
03-13-2006, 03:47 PM
does eny one have this brand of a arms i just bought a +2 up1 set of sport plus ones. they look nice. eny one got pics or eny comments on how they like them?

hartnett18
03-28-2006, 07:15 PM
ya i got them for my 400 they work great and for the price there worth it i havent had a problem yet with them and i ride hard with em but ya you will be happy with them for what they cost

F-16Guy
03-28-2006, 07:46 PM
They're okay. The only real complaints so far are that: 1) The "powdercoat" (more like paint) sucks. It is very thin and chips off pretty quickly. 2) The lower heim ball joints are too poor quality for their location. Heim joints are designed to handle radial loads (side to side), not axial (up and down). When put in the lower ball joint position, the heim has to support more than the weight of the quad, especially under hard braking and big jumps. This heavy axial load causes the cheap heims to wear quickly and become sloppy. If I were you, I would spend a little extra for a-arms with traditional ball joints or request that the heims be upgraded to their higher quality joints. I have their better heims on the lower ball joint position and I've had pretty good luck with them.

armysig
03-29-2006, 07:46 AM
I have had my ASR +2 +1 PSR since last December and I love them. The main reason I picked them up was the warrenty. I couldn't believe the costomer service when I started to talk to ASR and other people.
I have seen this A-arm take a beating and when it did break ASR had no problem what so ever replacing the parts. All they ask is you send them 20 bucks for shipping them back to you once they are either fixed or replaced.
I have had my quad out on the MX track now about 15 times since I have picked mine up and I haven't had a problem yet.
I was told the Hiem joints should be replace either once a year (hard MX racing) or every other year for the casual rider.
I personally think ASR has a good product and they stand by it. If something goes wrong they'll fix it no questions asked.

hartnett18
03-29-2006, 03:48 PM
ya i forgot mine chipped up after bout two good rides i dont know how but i guess its just cheap paint but other than that there alright i would way rather have better but its what i got