PDA

View Full Version : banshee top end

Tri-valleyracin
03-13-2006, 03:33 PM
im new to banshees but not 2 strokes. me and my friend are starting a business and the first cusatomer is goin to have a banshee with a burn top end and he wants to go witha 400 big bore. well how hard its it to do a top end on a banshee? i have done a dirt bike top end but not a twin.

440bigborekit
03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
well im preaty sure its just like doing two bikes instead of one but im not sure......

terboed
04-13-2006, 02:25 PM
well.... banshees are perdy easy to do a topend on. there are no powervalves to worry about clearing like on dirtbikes. with the bigbore kit your gonna have to press out the stock sleeves and machine out the jugs to accept the new bigbore sleeve. then port match it.

SheeRider
04-13-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by terboed
well.... banshees are perdy easy to do a topend on. there are no powervalves to worry about clearing like on dirtbikes. with the bigbore kit your gonna have to press out the stock sleeves and machine out the jugs to accept the new bigbore sleeve. then port match it. Your not going to get much power with the big bore kit unless you port it. Porting is the most bang for you bucks. Id put in a 4mm stroker crank before the bb kit.

The top end is easy, just get a clymers manual and follow the steps. Alot simpler than a fourstroke!

terboed
04-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by SheeRider
Your not going to get much power with the big bore kit unless you port it. Porting is the most bang for you bucks. Id put in a 4mm stroker crank before the bb kit.

The top end is easy, just get a clymers manual and follow the steps. Alot simpler than a fourstroke!

i am totaly against bigbores myself. they guy just said he was going to do one as his first job. porting is the key to banshee power. my .5 overbore, stock crank, stock carbed/reed, drag/dune ported shee runs very well. and at the cost that it took to make it that fast........ you cant beat it. 65+whp on 100ll.

Mxjunkie
04-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I have a slight big bore with a crank and porting and it's day and night vs my cousins big bore motor with some porting.. :)

terboed
04-14-2006, 05:50 PM
the 98 will be getting a 421 cub sooner or later...... ive got the 34mm pj's waiting.