PDA

View Full Version : Quad Insurance! Yes or No?

awsomeaussies
03-13-2006, 03:10 PM
I've been considering getting some insurance on my quad, but wanted everyones opinions on a couple things. First off what are some good companies to go with? What are the yearly prices? And who all has insurance?

I've been rebuilding my quad for sometime now, alot of sweat and money went into it... and we've had problems in the past with our stuff getting stolen, so I really don't want to take a chance. So if anyone knows anything about quad insurance, let me know:D

400exrules
03-13-2006, 03:25 PM
ive got it, i think its like $8 a month.
that covers it if it gets stolen out of my garage, at the races, anywhere.....also, i think if I run it off a cliff its covered, im not sure lol. and they will cover all your aftermarket parts also if you have your receipts

BlasterEaten250
03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
I have state farm

it covers theft, and if you run into someone else and they sue you.

The price is set into 3 different categories i believe. The first is 0-90 cc's, which is about $115 a year. The second is 91-299 cc's, which is about $160 a year. The third is the high performence catigory which is 300 and up cc's, and the higher cc's, the more it costs. The prices might be different by you though.

Quad18star
03-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
I've been rebuilding my quad for sometime now, alot of sweat and money went into it... and we've had problems in the past with our stuff getting stolen, so I really don't want to take a chance.

I think you've pretty much sold yourself on this subject .

I'd never go without insurance again ... it's much to risky . Just think , if you're working full-time ... go out riding and get smacked by another rider and you're off for 2 years , who's going to pay your wages , medical bills ... especially if the other dude doesn't have insurance ?? You'll be glad you paid the couple hundred a year . It happened to me , it could happen to you , or anyone else for that matter .

I was fully licensed , registered and insured ... the other guy had nothing .... guess who's in chit when court rolls around in May ??

As much as people complain about insurance companies and rates ... when something happens to you or your quad and the insurance is there to put the cash back in your pocket , you'll be happy !!!

phildogg
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
is this insurance available everwhere?lmk
phil

awsomeaussies
03-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the replys... I have farmers for my car insurance, so maybe I'll give them a try first.

fast_enough
03-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Yea trust me, get insurance. I got my 400ex stolen, and didnt have no insurance. And all it left me was pissed off and broke with no quad or money.

400ex28
03-13-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't have any on my quad, but i'm really considering it.

G Impala 63n70
03-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Insurance went on my quads after this happend with no insurance. You never know when this is going to happen. Get insurance tonight if you can. Youll love yourself when ur quad is either on fire, blew engine, stolen, totaled by tree, or a reject.

BlasterEaten250
03-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by G Impala 63n70
Insurance went on my quads after this happend with no insurance. You never know when this is going to happen. Get insurance tonight if you can. Youll love yourself when ur quad is either on fire, blew engine, stolen, totaled by tree, or a reject. i cry everytime i see that:(

400exrules
03-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
i cry everytime i see that:(

wtf!:huh

seriously tho, how did that happen technically, ive seen pics of yfz's burned up like that too. how does it start?

awsomeaussies
03-13-2006, 07:31 PM
^^^Probably in a garage fire or something.

G Impala 63n70
03-13-2006, 07:52 PM
It starts when u dont put the airbox on because your tuning it, you go to see if it starts, the throttle body backfires, spreads fire to stray gas and lines, as your sprinting to get the eff away from it, it catches the gas tank, and you call 911 becuase it now caught the battery, its not a chemical fire you can do nothing about, fire truck comes and sprays it to only make worse, you watch it simmer down and then instead of rollingher in the shed that night you shovel her into a can only for home owners insurance to kill you last hope.

Rico400
03-13-2006, 08:03 PM
wow that sucks dude...

ne ways, ya we got insurance on all of our quads. we dont get the "extra warranty" crap, but we do get insurance. we go threw progressize, but im sure we will be going to state farm later.

its only like 10-20 bucks a month or less so why even chance it? you know

03-14-2006, 12:21 PM
state farm...full coverage on both with a $100 deductible

2000 400ex with $2500 of aftermarket coverage-$122 a year
2006 450r with no aftermarket coverage- $279 a year

ThorRacing37
03-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ive got it, i think its like $8 a month.
that covers it if it gets stolen out of my garage, at the races, anywhere.....also, i think if I run it off a cliff its covered, im not sure lol. and they will cover all your aftermarket parts also if you have your receipts

^^^ what plan is that? and what companiney?

initall
03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
definitley get it, why wouldn'y you, it is cheap.

Besides if it does get stolen, you'll be wishing you had it if you didn't, and glad you did get it if you do