PDA

View Full Version : Needle Jet?

True rider
07-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Im rejetting my quad for the first time and seem to have the main jet stuff down, but the dyno doesnt give you good instructions on the needle jet. So far it says to remove the top of you carb, is this necesery(sp)? It also tells you to remove the slide??? Im gonna ask my buddy to rejet it for me so any help would be apprieciated.

Punk13rym
07-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by True rider
Im rejetting my quad for the first time and seem to have the main jet stuff down, but the dyno doesnt give you good instructions on the needle jet. So far it says to remove the top of you carb, is this necesery(sp)? It also tells you to remove the slide??? Im gonna ask my buddy to rejet it for me so any help would be apprieciated.

its really quite easy, at first i didn't understand those direction eather. there is a copper colored plate on top of your carb just take out the three screws holding it in. then once the plate is off there will be two small screws at the bottem of the little hole in the carb. then just take them out and under that is the needle jet pull it out and replace it with the dyno needle jet with the E-clip at the required spot for your altitude. its really not hard to do at all. be sure to take your time and make sure nothing fall into the carb.

brian400ex
07-23-2002, 06:26 PM
When i did mine i took off the arm from the slide and pulled the whole slide out then took the needle out. Can you do this and leave the slide in?

Punk13rym
07-24-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by brian400ex
When i did mine i took off the arm from the slide and pulled the whole slide out then took the needle out. Can you do this and leave the slide in?

i think i did leave it in because i don't remember taking it out. i think if you hit the throttle up to full it pulls the arm out once you take out the two screws. then you just flip the arm back. i don't really remember how i did it.

Deathbringer
07-24-2002, 11:59 AM
Heres a link to everything you need to know

Click me...oh oh click me (http://209.120.142.52/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19832)

SR71
07-24-2002, 03:18 PM
Sorry if this already posted. I tried once and didn't see it, so here I go again.

True Rider - is this for your 250EX. If so, you have a completely different carburator than the 400 EX discussed in the previous responses. The good news is that yours is much more simple.

Look at the top of your carburator where the throttle cable enters the carb. The cable runs through a seal (boot) and then through a cap. The cap is the same color as the carb and has several ribs on the side to help you grip it. With either your fingers or a set of pliers, unscrew the cap. Once unscrewed, you simply pull out the whole needle jet/slide assembly.

FAST400
07-24-2002, 03:59 PM
what series is the pilot jet in a 400ex an can u but the neddle jet seperate like u can the main an needle jets???

True rider
07-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Thanks SR71 that helps alot:D