PDA

View Full Version : Buying a raptor 700r, inexperienced let me know how it rides.

Yamaha Blue
03-13-2006, 01:27 PM
hey guys got to ask you a question. I have a yamaha wolverine that is great. I made it 2 wheel drive. my birthdays coming up and im selling my quad to by a raptor 700. I know how to drive a clutch, but dont have any experience. I go on some difficult trails now. I know the power difference is unbelievable, but i want to know if the knew raptor 700 is going to be a starter in the woods. I would like to know your thoughts. If is's tall enough and even with 25" tires to go through a lot. I dont want to keep buying and selling. Just buy 1 good one. Please let me know what you think. especially those with the bike.

Racing Rice
03-13-2006, 02:50 PM
The Raptor should fit the bill for anything you want. Just find a field and ride it around for a while until you get the hang of the shifting. Ride with in your boundries and you should be fine. The Raptor has a lot of power, but I've heard that it is deceptive do to the smooth delivery from the EFI.

Just take your time, you'll get the feel of it and will be fine.

lzyga05
03-14-2006, 05:35 PM
they are very powerfull from wat i see... i saw a stocker pull up for 100ft in 4th gear so ... i would say thier packing a lot of power! ... and they are very good for woods gl with ur 700:)

KingpinsEx
03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
If you are doing trail riding i would recommend a 450r before a Raptor, espically an '06. My buddy bought one right when it came out and it has been in the shop more than he has been able to ride it, EFI problems. He just got it back last week after about two months and it's still having idling problems.

I have ridden it around and it is a handful in the woods. The power with the EFI is unbelievable and the gearing is high. I am a pretty experienced ridier and I feel it is to much machine for trail riding. And the front shocks suck!

I would defenitely not recommend one for a beginner.

tintman
03-15-2006, 03:22 AM
the 700 is just fine for the woods!
i like the 350 raptor too.
you just have to do more gear changing on the 350
my 16 year old also rides the 700,but not very often
it's not that bad as long as you do not push it in the beginning

Capt_ron
03-15-2006, 09:44 PM
i love my raptor 700 and yes they are very good in the woods as long as you dont get hard on the thotle. the guy that said they can wheele in 4th stock it is true did it many times but it dose it beter now. would defintly take some practice befor going in the woods.