PDA

View Full Version : Adjust needle??

Blue250X
03-13-2006, 04:49 AM
How do I adjust the needle on my carb. I need to get mine jetted better. The main jet is good, I need a different pilot and i need to adjust the needle I think. Also, how do I know if I have the right size needle in my carb? Is there a way to tell? Thanks

bozz
03-13-2006, 07:16 AM
how do you know you have to adjust your needle it usually changes the "mid" range. main jet top end. pilot starting what is your guad doing' did you change anything' didnt give us much info?

bwamos
03-13-2006, 10:33 AM
You rarely have to change the taper of the needle unless you drastically changed the motor.

To adjust the needle position, you remove the plastic sideplate.
Remove the 3 brass screws and cap from the top of the carb. Remove the screw that connects the armature with the pivot rod. Slide out the pivot rod just enough to remove the armature. (be sure not to loose the nylon washer, and remember the side that it is on). Remove the armature and slide with the needle in it. Remove the 2 brass screws from the retainer inside of the slide. The needle should come out. Move the c-clip to the desired position..and reassemble in reverse order. There will also be a washer on the c-clip. That is used to 1/2 adjustments. Beliw the c-clip for a half adjustment., otherwise install it above the c-clip.

You can always download dynojets .pdf instructions on their website for some visual aids.

Blue250X
03-13-2006, 02:35 PM
ok,so i dont have to adjust my needle? right now i have a 130 main and i am getting a tan color when i have it pinned and then check it. I dont know how to check my pilot jet to see if it is teh rght size. the mods are in my sig for my 250. when i sit on my friends 300ex, it seems like it gets up and goes better than mine, i can beat him in a drag, but when i get on his and gas it, it seems like it has more bottom, i dont know if this is my pilot or wat:( im going to try to change the number of dics in my pipe adn see how that goes, so, ill get back to you guys on that

Blue250X
03-13-2006, 04:26 PM
bump for me:D

PolarisRider
03-13-2006, 04:28 PM
maybe its just cause my 300ex rules?

Blue250X
03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
maybe its just cause my 300ex rules?

must not rule that much:devil: i did beat you by about 3 lengths wehn i hit fifth, even w/ bad jetting, dont denie it

PolarisRider
03-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
must not rule that much:devil: i did beat you by about 3 lengths wehn i hit fifth, even w/ bad jetting, dont denie it

i was gaining on you, and it was more like one quad lenght:rolleyes:

Blue250X
03-14-2006, 12:55 PM
you were gaining cuz my tires only measure 18 inches tall, and it sure as hell wasnt 1 lenght, you were gaining and u still didnt pass me, u never even came to my fender:confused:

PolarisRider
03-14-2006, 01:22 PM
you were gaining cuz my tires only measure 18 inches tall, and it sure as hell wasnt 1 lenght, you were gaining and u still didnt pass me, u never even came to my fender:confused:

ya right....lol

Blue250X
03-14-2006, 01:42 PM
ya right....lol

you show me sumpin that i just said that is bull**** and ill show you sumpin that you cant accept to be true

PolarisRider
03-14-2006, 02:19 PM
you show me sumpin that i just said that is bull**** and ill show you sumpin that you cant accept to be true

chill dude:rolleyes:

Blue250X
03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
chill dude:rolleyes:

your the one who tells everyone that you were up to my foot peg, wehn i killed you, thats after you bragged for 2 weeks about you beating me. i can brag untill i get beat by you, its a free country:)

PolarisRider
03-14-2006, 02:41 PM
your the one who tells everyone that you were up to my foot peg

i never said that and this arguing stops now:macho

Blue250X
03-14-2006, 02:44 PM
i never said that and this arguing stops now:macho
im still argueing cuz u just tick me off so much on here, Casey said you told him you were at my foot peg when we crossed the line, and casey beat you, u didnt tie him at all, he had you by a good 3 freakin feet, i dont see how you leaned up and saw you bumper that close to his when everyone at the finish said he had you:huh

PolarisRider
03-14-2006, 02:49 PM
you know what i dont care, alright?!? You beat me by a quadlength and i know that!! And you know how Casey likes to exagerate! We were dead even and i dont care what you say because you werent the one driving

im DONE!!!

Honda TRX250ex
03-14-2006, 03:17 PM
man ill race you both on my bicycle going down a hill with 20 inch tires w/o brakes and wind resentance and still win!:scary: :blah:

PolarisRider
03-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
man ill race you both on my bicycle going down a hill with 20 inch tires w/o brakes and wind resentance and still win!:scary: :blah:

jordan_m6
03-14-2006, 03:48 PM
oh yea my key boards fast than yours.

Blue250X
03-14-2006, 03:55 PM
ok, back to my original question, how do i know wat size my main jet should be? Is there any way to check it?

Honda TRX250ex
03-14-2006, 04:38 PM
ok, back to my original question, how do i know wat size my main jet should be? Is there any way to check it?
trial and error basically

ohsobad_chevy
03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Allright, I don't want to be the !@#$hole or anything, but my god fellas.... who cares who beat who, we are all out to have a good time...right?? If you all have a good time, than thats what matters, not whos quad is faster...

P.S.- There is always gonna be someone who has a faster quad than you.... thats life... deal with it, and like I said above... just have fun;)