PDA

View Full Version : kenda knarlys

roundsy
03-12-2006, 09:11 PM
okay i was curious to know if the kenda knarly xc tires have the green side wall like the regular knarlys?...im asking because my dealer doesnt keep any stock and if i ordered them to find out id have to buy them...thanks

roundsy
03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
i was also wondering which tires are better in mud/snow knarlys or klaws? thanks

300exOH
03-13-2006, 10:12 AM
My knarly's have "knarly" written on the sidewall but it's yellow not green. I'm pretty sure the XC's are the same way. Mine do really well in the mud and snow but I haven't tried the klaws so I can't really compare them. The knarlys are an awesome tire IMO.

roundsy
03-13-2006, 08:35 PM
what size are your knarlys?...i was thinking about running either a 20" or 22" knarly rears and a 20" or 22" klaw rears...i would like one to be 20" and the other to be 22" so im just trying to figure out which one to get for sizing

300exOH
03-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Mine are 20's rear and 21's up front. The knarly XC's might be available in a 21 also but I'm not sure.

roundsy
03-14-2006, 12:42 PM
yea the 21" sizing for the xc is what drew me to it, then id be able to run a set of 20" klaws xc and 21" knarly xc and i wouldnt have to change my gearing at all and i would have that added clearance and traction for mud and snow

Dr89
02-19-2007, 05:16 PM
do NOT under any circumstances buy klaws for mud and snow, you'd prolly be better off running slicks in the snow than you would the klaws. dont get me wrong they're a great track tire, and even for semi-loose stuff they're ok. im getting ready to replace mine with some 20inch knarly's, amazing tires i love em.

trx400exxracer
02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
I have the Knarly XC rears 21 inch and the 22 inch Klaw fronts!!! Nice combo, and it is yellow!

400exrider707
02-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Klaws are actually better than the knarlys in the snow by a hair, but they both stink really bad in the snow. I've tried both

HONDA BLINK
02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
whats the difference between the regular knarlys and the knarly XC's. I think im sold on the knarlys over the holeshots and the razrs. they are cheaper just as durable and i guess traction is about equal. im looking for an all around good trail tire and i think the knarly XC will serve me well. any supporters of the knarly:chinese:

HONDA BLINK
02-20-2007, 07:37 PM
whats the difference between the regular knarlys and the knarly XC's. I think im sold on the knarlys over the holeshots and the razrs. they are cheaper just as durable and i guess traction is about equal. im looking for an all around good trail tire and i think the knarly XC will serve me well. any supporters of the knarly:chinese:

300exOH
02-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by HONDA BLINK

Basically the difference between the regular knarly and the XC is that the tread pattern is more widely spaced on the XC and I'm guessing a slightly different rubber compound as well. Plus the XC is offered in a 21" version. I think the regular knarly's are much better than the holeshots but I haven't tried Razrs. For the money the knarly's are hard to beat. I doubt you'll be dissapointed with them.

400exrider707- I'm not sure why you say the knarly's suck in snow. I thought mine did well considering they are a sport tire and not a mud/snow tire. The are much better than some others I've tried. The holeshots I had would pack up with snow and become pretty much useless in snow. The knarly's clean out much better than other sport tires in snow or mud since the lugs are wider spaced.

400exrider707
02-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Basically the difference between the regular knarly and the XC is that the tread pattern is more widely spaced on the XC and I'm guessing a slightly different rubber compound as well. Plus the XC is offered in a 21" version. I think the regular knarly's are much better than the holeshots but I haven't tried Razrs. For the money the knarly's are hard to beat. I doubt you'll be dissapointed with them.

400exrider707- I'm not sure why you say the knarly's suck in snow. I thought mine did well considering they are a sport tire and not a mud/snow tire. The are much better than some others I've tried. The holeshots I had would pack up with snow and become pretty much useless in snow. The knarly's clean out much better than other sport tires in snow or mud since the lugs are wider spaced.

They just had no hook up to them at all, they would clean out well yes, but they wouldn't really get me moving anywhere. On hardpack trails they were ok, but my standard holeshots were better...in open snow your right the holeshots ball up too easy. Turf tamers seem to work pretty good surprsingly as long as the snow isn't very deep, but the ground clearance killed it. Knarlys are awesome trail tires, thats why I was so surprised at how bad they were in the snow. The klaws are not much better. You gotta remember we're on two diffferent machines in two completely different areas and Im sure the temperature alone could have effected how they hooked up in the snow. If its really cold and powdery snow, nothing seems to work good.

300exOH
02-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
They just had no hook up to them at all, they would clean out well yes, but they wouldn't really get me moving anywhere. On hardpack trails they were ok, but my standard holeshots were better...in open snow your right the holeshots ball up too easy. Turf tamers seem to work pretty good surprsingly as long as the snow isn't very deep, but the ground clearance killed it. Knarlys are awesome trail tires, thats why I was so surprised at how bad they were in the snow. The klaws are not much better. You gotta remember we're on two diffferent machines in two completely different areas and Im sure the temperature alone could have effected how they hooked up in the snow. If its really cold and powdery snow, nothing seems to work good.

You may be right about the quad and conditions being different. Tire pressure will affect traction with them as well. I only run about 3psi in snow which helps. I will admit that I wouldn't go climbing any big snowy hills or anything with them either but they get me around okay on flat areas or in the woods as long as the snow is under about 6" or so.

HONDA BLINK
03-18-2007, 03:26 AM
so which ones do you guys prefer the most for trail riding the regular knarlys or the 21 inch knarly xc's:chinese:

trx400exxracer
03-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by HONDA BLINK
so which ones do you guys prefer the most for trail riding the regular knarlys or the 21 inch knarly xc's:chinese:

21 knarly xc's

HONDA BLINK
04-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Im ready to buy tires now...still undecided. For trail riding which tires are best the Klaws xc vs Knarlys ht vs Knarly xc. Help me with my decision:chinese:

trx400exxracer
04-07-2007, 07:26 PM
klaw xc fronts and knarly xc rear!!!

i love my set-up