PDA

View Full Version : need some info on little sahara ok.

jjm400ex
03-12-2006, 08:41 PM
a few of us are heading to little sahara for a day trip on march 19.
first time going, its a 4 hour drive for us. i know it will be busy, is parking going to be an issue. is there a day time parking area??

smokinwrench
03-12-2006, 10:25 PM
There is a day time parking area right in front of the dune entrance at the south camp ground. I would think you will be ok on Sunday. Usually Sunday mid morning most people are packing up and leaving.

Have fun and becareful. Never go flying off a dune without looking, they get steep in windy weather. Always have a spotter when jumping.

I'll be there this weekend. Red Troy Lee Predator I'll be packign up and leaving Sunday midday.

Have Fun

Coyoteman
04-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I need some info too.................What is the best campground to stay at? Do they have showers at all the campgrounds? Would I need to make reservations if I was planning to be there on a Thursday night , staying until Sunday?

tar
04-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Neither campground is really better although the "higher" class stays in the North. I don't know if they have showers but I know the South does. I think the North ground is a little less rowdy than the South but I may be wrong.

DaleJrFan
04-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Waynoka.com is the official web site. The North campground is set up for RV's and and is only nicer cause it is new. They have 2 shower facilities in the North and Tar is right, it is a little less "rowdy" but lately the cops have cracked down so there is less and less horse play in either campground. As far as reservations, you can only make them on the the Little Sahara Powersports property, the rest of the campgrounds are a state park so it is first come first serve. There is a link to the reservations page on the Waynoka.com site.

Razar5Ok
04-07-2006, 05:31 PM
is anybody going to rattle snake weekend? i am i am leaving on a friday morning early aprill 22. i can hardly wait:D