PDA

View Full Version : 366 raptor350/warrior

wolffie
03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
is anyone running a .040 over bore piston with a 10.25 to 1 compression? i was told this was a great setup to run, but also has great reliabillity. my father and i are trying to get more power for my bro's 350, but want it to be RELIABLE!:D has anyone run this setup on their warrior/raptor350, and how do they like it?

also, is it ok to just run this piston, or do i really need a high performance cam as well? i would prefer to do just the piston! any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Blue250X
03-13-2006, 04:43 AM
That is a great setup but it only gets better w/ a full exhaust(i hate spelling that, i think its wrong) and while you have the engine apart, its not hard to put a drop in cam in there. and that would help boost the power that much more:macho

wolffie
03-13-2006, 12:37 PM
yeah currently he is running HMF slip on, FMF power bomb, K@n filter with no lid. if he does this eventually, i will just get the cam as well. but, after doing this setup, how often will he need to replace the piston/cam? during the winter he probably only uses it an hour a week, but in the summer, he probable uses it 10+ a week! he doesnt really race it, he just rides trails aggressively, so its not like he is constantly revving the piss out of it. thanks for you help man!

bwamos
03-13-2006, 01:04 PM
It will be "almost" as reliable as the stock piston. That's not all that much oversized, and it's still a lower compression. For non-race recreational riding... it should last a couple years at least.

wolffie
03-14-2006, 05:48 PM
the thing is though, in a couple of years, i would have to replace both the piston and cam right? would i just replace what i have, or would i have to bore it out more? thanks for the help guys!