PDA

View Full Version : Need your input

division4thor
03-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I am interested in buying a new ltr 450 but just wanted everyones advise first should i get yfz 450r or the ltr

jpb450
03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
In my opinion, I would chose the LTR. I have a yfz and ltr, so I can give you a brief comparison.

Depending on what kind of riding you do, I ride MX, the LTR gives you more "out of the box" than the YFZ.

I have had my YFZ for about 2 years now. It has a HMF full exhaust, tucker pro swingarm, GYTR nerf bars, IMS front bumper, and 18" ITP mx rear tires. So I basically have around $1500 in it.

On the LTR I have Blingstar nerfs, front bumper, heel guards and grab bar. Full yoshi exhaust and cherry bomb. Again about $1500.

In my first race of the season 2 weeks ago , I had only maybe 6 laps on the ltr and took 2nd overall. It has so much torque and power that at times it was hard to keep the back wheels hooking up. The suspension is a dream come true. It soaked up the whoops and breaking bumps with ease. I could just blow through them without letting up. It turns well and the brakes are as good as you can get. I am 6'2" and it fits like a dream, you feel like you are sitting with the quad instead of on it.

In comparison, the yfz has plenty of power, but it is not as "usable". It is very tiring riding the yfz and it beats the hell out of you in the whoops. Not to mention worst thumb throttle in the business.

They both feel the same in the air, no unexpected dipping or rising.

So for me it is hands down the ltr.

http://x402.putfile.com/2/5816535276.png (http://www.putfile.com)

KWAD GAWD
03-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Depends on what you want to do with the bike....
The LT-R is a MOTOCROSS bike, first and foremost.

If you want to race MX, or if you're a duner or ride in open spaces the LT-R is a no brainer, hands down.

If you want to trail ride or ride tight woods, I'd have to say Honda.

I guess you can easily narrow the LT-R, but it's still not EVER going to be as narrow as a stock TRX or YFZ.

They are all good bikes, you just have to decide what's best for you and what you prefer. RIDE THEM ALL! Then make your decision.

division4thor
03-13-2006, 09:57 AM
yea i am going to be racing mx so the question is to by a mx yfz or ltr 450 stock my problem is that i am a pretty small kid only 16 and weigh like 125 pounds and i am trying to figure out whats best for me so please help me out

slief
03-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I have only owned Yamaha's myself but when it came to buying a new quad I did some homework and found myself with a new LTR450. I weigh about 145 and do not plan on racing it.

I am very loyal to Yamaha and planned on getting the YFZ450 but I am infact very happy with my LTR.

While I have not owned the YFZ, I can say that it is very reasonable to assume that some major changes are in order at Yamaha for the YFZ. Since fuel injection is becoming more common place in ATV's and Yamaha being no expection to that with the Raptor 700, I would expect that may be the precurser to a fuel injected YFZ, especially becuase the LTR is fuel injected.

While I could be wrong and it is speculation, the LTR seems to be miles ahead right now in terms of technology and off the shelf handling, not to mention the power that is untapped in the LTR with no major additional costs. Thus, it is my opinion that it may be a bad time to buy the Yamaha knowing that next year or soon there after, there will be a different YFZ on the market in order to compete with the LTR.

Truth is I wish that was not the case as I have always loved Yamaha's. I still own a few but when it came to the quad, I had to make a choice between brand loyalty or performance and I went with what I believed would be the best performer and most advanced.

Just my .02 cents

Scott