PDA

View Full Version : what could i gain from a stage 1 cam?

stang65pony
03-12-2006, 05:01 PM
i have the chance to buy a hot cams stage 1 cam for my raptor 660r. its a 2005 and i also have dmc alien full exhaust with jets for it. what kinda power gains will i get out of a cam? and how hard is it to replace?

zeppelin
03-12-2006, 05:58 PM
you will see a nice all around increase in power with mostly more midrange. it isnt hard to replace, nothing you cant handle if your doing your own work on that mustang.

stang65pony
03-12-2006, 06:45 PM
lol i dont know **** about engines. i am purely a body man. i may inquire some of my friends that know how the hell to do stuff like that. zmann on here put my exhaust on for me. so what are the hp ratings on stock o5' raptors anyways? a cam will boost my hp?

zeppelin
03-12-2006, 07:03 PM
it is a very easy proccess, i would recommend geting a manuel though. basicly ( this is by no means the exact instruction for you bike, just a generalized summary) all you doo it remose all of the plastics and gastank, drain the radiator fluid, take the bolts off that hold on the head or vlave cover. then pull the old cam out and put the new one in. you will have to rjet afterwards and it will definetly give you more hp. i think a stock 6660 puts out around 34-36 hp but what really makes it special is how much torque they put out, like 24 ftlbs i think :confused:

stang65pony
03-12-2006, 10:52 PM
i know what u mean man. i have a lot of trouble keepin the damn wheels down. its nuts. i love it! i have a big summer planned with riding its gonna be great.

WHLNWGN
03-13-2006, 01:45 PM
" i would recommend geting a manuel though"

I just had to laugh at this, I Know he got what you were saying, but when I read this I pictured it at the same time.

stang65pony
03-13-2006, 10:51 PM
i definately need a manual. i dont even know the proper way to change my damn oil in it. i have all the stuff just too nervous to mess with it. any ideas?