PDA

View Full Version : need some advise

440_Turtle
03-12-2006, 04:53 PM
ok I bought a bike a few weeks ago and it has +2 a arms, and an adjustable axle. Well i took it riding today for the first time and really didnt like the way it cornered, it seemed like i had to really work it through teh woods. Im wondering if i take the smapers out of the axleand take it down to a +2 instead of a +4 will it be a better trail bike. Basically i want it to corner easier and want to know if thats a start?

chapmanmd
03-12-2006, 04:57 PM
+4 is definitely wide for the woods.

Also, I dont know what front wheels you are running, but some 4+1 rims would narrow you down a little too.

Racing Rice
03-12-2006, 04:58 PM
You said you put +2 arms on it as well? Maybe your front end alignment is off a little causing slower steering response. Did you do the install and alignment yourself? You could try going with a +2 instead of a plus +4. I don't know how much that will help though are they +2+1 arms? Are you still running a stock swingarm?

440_Turtle
03-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I actually bought it from a guy who TT raced it so the front end was already set up. I have noticed that the front left is more vertical than the right front, but other than that everythign looks good. So would you suggest that i trade out my a-arms for some +1's and drop the axle down to a +2. Yeah it is runnign stock rims and a stock swinger also. Atleast it looks liek a stock one its been PC'd can someone give me measurement from pivot to center axle so i can check. Ive got a set of Works Triple rates that im going to get reworked so hopefully that will help alot but i just seemd to be workign too much to be having fun.

chapmanmd
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Depending on the a arms, you should be able to adjust your caster/camber on the upper a arms.

If your front end is setup anything like my TT 450R, no wonder it wont turn in the woods. That front end is slammed and is NOT intended for trails.

New shocks, proper adjustment of your a arms, and narrowing up your rear axle 2" should help a HUGE amount.

440_Turtle
03-13-2006, 05:43 AM
naw the front end isnt slammed, its normal ride height, its got standard 400 shocks on it right now. SO ill start with adjusting my camber andnarrowing up the rear. my shocks should be back in a few weeks so hopefully that will help also.

440_Turtle
03-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by chapmanmd
+4 is definitely wide for the woods.

Also, I dont know what front wheels you are running, but some 4+1 rims would narrow you down a little too.

r thes 4/1 the look liek they/d actually be wider than my sotck wheels, look how deep they are, they look liek they need to be turned around to get the narrow width im looking for.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218016

chapmanmd
03-16-2006, 09:25 AM
4/1 wheels are 4 inside and 1 outside. They make for a narrower track than 3/2 wheels by an inch on each side. Those are 3/2 wheels I believe.

Chino886
03-16-2006, 09:39 AM
This may be a stupid question on my part, but you don't happen to have one of them anti-sway bars on there for TT Racing do you?

chapmanmd
03-16-2006, 09:41 AM
These are the 4/1 wheels on my XC quad.

440_Turtle
03-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Chino886
This may be a stupid question on my part, but you don't happen to have one of them anti-sway bars on there for TT Racing do you?

you mean i was suppose to take that off....

no it doesnt have one of those on it, LOL. he used it for MX part time also.

and i thought thats what those rims were suppose to look like, those just had too much lip on teh outside.