PDA

View Full Version : 400EX starting,carb,plug problems..

mopar250
03-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey all,
I've got a 01 400 with a quicksilver carb, white bro's pipe and k&n filter with no lid on it. It will not start. I've had lots of carb problems, but have just recently got the carb back from edelbrock and they rebuilt it. So, that should be good. It does not want to start though. It's always liked to eat spark plugs since i've put in this carb. Any idea's? Anyone else have this carb? To say the least, i'm not impressed.......
Thanks,
Bill

GPracer2500
03-12-2006, 03:53 PM
What do you mean by "eat spark plugs". Do your issues improve with the airbox lid reinstalled?

What about the rest of the engine? Stock bore?

mopar250
03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Sorry I should have been more clear. When it is running, it might be good for a couple weeks or so and then the next time i go to start it, it won't run. Replace the plug and it runs fine. I'm pretty sure that is where my problem is located is something to do with my plug problem, just not sure what might be causing this? And the problem doesn't get better or worse with the lid on or off.
Thanks,
Bill

mopar250
03-15-2006, 11:09 PM
Motor also has no internal mods..... Any ideas anyone?

GPracer2500
03-16-2006, 12:21 AM
What do the old plugs look like? Are they black and sooty looking? Could be that one (or more) of the jetting circuits is too rich and it's simply fouling out the plug.

I don't really know anything about jetting with an Edelbrock carb so I'm no help there.