PDA

View Full Version : White Motor Oil

LilDacktyle
03-12-2006, 03:19 PM
my motor oil is white. this has to be bad right? doesnt it mean that coolent is getting in there? and i just put a new clutch on so will this do anything?

2004exrider
03-12-2006, 03:26 PM
If its liquid cooled then yes coolant is getting in your oil. Or else some milk got in but im gonna have to say the first one i said is the right one:cool: Check your headgasket.

Jimmy

LilDacktyle
03-12-2006, 03:29 PM
its a banshee. but i heard that they dont have headgaskets. is that true?

GPracer2500
03-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by LilDacktyle
its a banshee. but i heard that they dont have headgaskets. is that true?

Not that's not true. Banshees have head gaskets--unless you're running an aftermarket head. Some aftermarket two-stroke heads use rubber o-rings instead of a traditional gasket.

BlasterEaten250
03-12-2006, 03:58 PM
did you get water inside the engine?

LilDacktyle
03-12-2006, 04:12 PM
it has stoke heads on it still and the only thing that i have put in it is coolent. i havent put any water in it.

GPracer2500
03-12-2006, 04:19 PM
A minor point of clarification: Banshees don't have "motor oil" per say. They have gear oil that lubes the transmission and the clutch ONLY. Being a two-stroke the crank and top end are lubed by the oil that's in your pre-mix gasoline.

It's strikes me as very unlikely that coolant has found its way into the trasmission. It would somehow have to leak past the head gasket, past the pistons rings, into the crankcase, and past the crankcase seals before it could get into the gear oil. Seems unlikely.

That's not to say that water or some other contaminant hasen't gotten in there from somewhere else.

ETA: I'd simply change the gear oil and keep an eye on it's condition. If it hasn't been changed in a while than it may have been contaminated slowly through any number of ways. If the new oil looks contaminated after only a little use than you know there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

nakomis0
03-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Water pump....

GPracer2500
03-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by nakomis0
Water pump....

Good thought. Forgot about the pump...