PDA

View Full Version : Help...Calipers hitting my lower Control Arms!!!!!!!!!

gbcap
03-12-2006, 11:34 AM
I have Houser +.5 max clearence arms, with elka quad rate piggy back shocks, running stock spindles, stock knuckles. my shocks measure about 18.8 extended...

My brake line bolt in the lower end of the caliper is hitting my control arms at full lock and full extention. i adjusted my toe out a bit and still hits. i adjuseted my camber more towards 0 and it is just about 0 right now just to stop it from hitting.

i should have full adjustability with this set up...so i am not content with having everything at 0 and being happy.

anyone have any pointers? anyone gone thru the same problem? what did you do to fix it...did houser help you? did your shock company help your?

eganracing
03-12-2006, 12:01 PM
u should call houser and talk to them. u might want to adjust the slicast thing and see if that helps. or maybe your shocks r to long.

gbcap
03-12-2006, 02:20 PM
talked to john houser thursday. i have the right lenght shocks according to my supplier and the measurement john gave me.

i am going to call them monday, and elka to make sure the stuff is right.

just wondering if anyone else here has had the same problem and how they fixed it.