PDA

View Full Version : cant get it back together

extim
07-23-2002, 07:36 AM
I changed the main jet in my carb and put the carb back on. The two tubes that merge into one coming from the choke side of the carb - do they connect anywhere or are they drains. Also my 400 bogs when just coming off of idle and I think I need to adjust the pilot jet. How do I do this? Thanks

extim
07-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Would someone please help me out.

rdmex
07-23-2002, 09:29 AM
its complicated, i cant explain it u have to take the whole carb apart where the main jet is. there are 4 gold screws you have to take out and they entire case comes off and then u will see the pilot jet.

UglyMotha™
07-23-2002, 09:30 AM
the two tubes you are refering to are vents and they just hang run them so they cant get caught in anything though and make sure you don't kink them cause that will run into problems also and why did you change the jet and what size jet did you go to it sounds like either you need to do some fine tuning or your jet is to big which i am leaning towards to since you have bogging when you give it gas

extim
07-23-2002, 09:35 AM
I changed the jet because I added a WB eseries pipe and a k&n filter. It runs great wide open and medium throttle but it just bogs if you give it a little gas and if your are putting around it has a really bad misfire like it it runniong out of gas.

p.s. thanks for helping

extim
07-23-2002, 09:38 AM
I forgot to say I went to a 155 main jet

rdmex
07-23-2002, 09:39 AM
mine used to do that, go with a smaller jet, say like around a 152 or 155. dont mess with your needle or pilot and it should run strong.