PDA

View Full Version : HD's v. XCR's or GNCC's

KingpinsEx
03-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm still trying to decide on whether to go with the H-D's or the XCR's, or even the new GNCC's you guys have any input? I do mostly fast paced trail riding on dirt trails, but of course you always run into those gnarly mud pits and rocky sections, just looking for an all around good tire...

I have had good experience with the original holeshots so I would like to stay with them, amazing wear factor. Also I am riding a bone stock 400 engine so I am not sure if the weight factor would make a difference, since I am underpowered compared to other machines.

bradley300
03-12-2006, 11:52 AM
unless there are very few ruts, i would stay away from the xcr's. they say the xcr-03 are taller than the original xcr's but they still dont seem as tall as the normal xc's i'm used to. if there arent alot of ruts, i like the xcr's alot

chapmanmd
03-12-2006, 05:00 PM
I run a 20" XCR for XC and have never had a problem other than them coming off the rim. Went to beadlocks and Tire Balls and dont have that problem anymore. I could definitely see though how the 21" rear in the new GNCC could be nice though.

JW450R1
03-13-2006, 05:04 AM
?was your tire pressure correct?.i have xcr's love them.

Honda#4
03-13-2006, 11:25 AM
i love my hd's never really gave me a problem yet but they r alittle on the heavy side but with a pipe there nothing.

chapmanmd
03-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by JW450R1
?was your tire pressure correct?.i have xcr's love them.

Tire pressure was fine. Just one of the hazards of XC racing. Dont get me wrong, I love the XCR. Oh, and I do run the XCR-03.

Scro
03-13-2006, 12:27 PM
I ran the XCR-03's for about a year. They were good, but they just seemed to wear fast. I am on my first set of HD's right now and I love them. If you have enough motor, these things hook up really well, and slide good also.

440xcex
03-13-2006, 08:09 PM
i have the HD"s now and like them but maybe to heavy for stock 400ex.The XCR's are very good tires i have a set with close to 25 races on them and keep them for spares.The XCR"s are tall enough if mounted on stock style rims but measure a little shorter mounted on my Hipers.

KingpinsEx
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
I am running stock rear rims if that matters at all and i am planning to get a pipe pretty soon, (HMF if anyone is looking to get rid of one) so the power wont be quiet as mellow. Still not sure about the HD's weight, otherwise they would be my first choice, might check them out in person if my local dealer has any in stock...decisions decisions....i just need to get RIDING!

440xcex
03-13-2006, 09:38 PM
I have a 03 complete 400ex for sale.Might part out if i dont sell it soon.Full HMF,Houser a-arms,4.3gal. IMS tank,hiper wheels,xcr's,oversized oil tank,440 motor,ported head,hot cam,timing key,other stuff also.Got 2nd place in A class points at Haspin 2005.:macho

Colby@C&DRacing
03-14-2006, 07:29 AM
We run the HD on our atv's now and really like them. We will have some GNCC tires soon and will give you guys a first hand report on the advantages of this tire

Ex'r Marlin
03-14-2006, 02:23 PM
I too have a 400, and knowing that there is a lighter XC tire out there by ITP... I am excited to hear about that. I plan on getting a set of the GNCC's for my 400, and putting the HD's on my 450R.:D

After running the older XCR's, I like the thought of keeping the ground clearance of the XC's and HD's, but going with a lighter, yet still durable tire.

I recommend trying the GNCC's out... Especially for your 400.

KingpinsEx
03-14-2006, 06:54 PM
What is the price difference between the HD's and the GNCC's? If you have a good price I may just go through you guys instead of my dealer. Also what about the GNCC's being designed for long travel sport quads?

I'm wondering if my standard travel quad will not benefit as much from them...Looking forward to the test by the way, I may just hold out till then.

sunco
03-22-2006, 06:13 AM
I have xcr's. My local shop sold me 22" for the rears /20" in the front when I didn't really know much about tires. I also got t-9 beadlock rims. I don't like the rims - had to make a cut out for the value stem so I didn't need the extended value stem. They are dull looking & collect cramp. I'm looking for a good set of tires & wheels. 20's in the rear . What for the front ? & whats a good clean rim. I am liking the black color wheel. I ride trails, ride @ Chatsworth / Wildwood. & love rausch creek tracks. Riding an 04' 450R Red W/ adapt graphics.

teamnutzracing
03-22-2006, 03:57 PM
HDs all the way i race pro class in x country and never had a problem i love emm!!!!!!!

yfz 450 lots of mods dont remember all of them

jdboy
03-22-2006, 05:07 PM
From what I've read the GNCC's will be offered in a 20" and 21" rear. The only problem I've got with this information is that ITP states on their website that the rear will only be offered in a 20". Am I missing information somewhere?

GIXXER1KR
03-24-2006, 09:58 PM
im going with the XCR and u cant go wrong!!!A tough 6 ply tire yet lighter!!!

KingpinsEx
03-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Yea I think i am going to go with XCR's as well...I can't seem to find the GNCC's anywhere...yet everyone has the SX's..odd..

It was ridicilous I tried to order the XCR's through my local dealer and they wanted like 110 a piece! I guess im gonna try and go through some mail order company online. I got a price of 76.95 off ronnies mail order.

tp300ex
03-25-2006, 02:57 PM
i have xcr's and had them on my last bike and i just cant get a diff brand for somereason im stuck on them lol:devil:

the predator
03-25-2006, 06:43 PM
i've been told the GNCC's are 5lbs lighter PER TIRE than the H-D's...i just got a full set and i'm anxious to try them out...season opener next sunday ..i'll find out then!

400exrules
03-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Yea I think i am going to go with XCR's as well...I can't seem to find the GNCC's anywhere...yet everyone has the SX's..odd..

It was ridicilous I tried to order the XCR's through my local dealer and they wanted like 110 a piece! I guess im gonna try and go through some mail order company online. I got a price of 76.95 off ronnies mail order.

try motosport.com

they have free 2 day shipping when you spend over $100. plus they have decent prices

KingpinsEx
03-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by the predator
i've been told the GNCC's are 5lbs lighter PER TIRE than the H-D's...i just got a full set and i'm anxious to try them out...season opener next sunday ..i'll find out then!

Where did you order them? And let me know how they work for you I am very curious how they preform,...

KingpinsEx
03-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 440xcex
I have a 03 complete 400ex for sale.Might part out if i dont sell it soon.Full HMF,Houser a-arms,4.3gal. IMS tank,hiper wheels,xcr's,oversized oil tank,440 motor,ported head,hot cam,timing key,other stuff also.Got 2nd place in A class points at Haspin 2005.:macho

I may be interested in the tank, pipe, and cam...pm me with pics and prices...

KingpinsEx
03-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Well guys thanks for all the input, I put in an oder for the XCR's off motosport.com, great prices and service btw. I can't wait to get these things on, I post how they work out for me. I wanted the GNCC's but at 80 a pop plus shipping, they were a little out of my price range...maybe next time....

440xcex
03-30-2006, 07:48 PM
I dont have a digital camera but the tank is 3 years old its a IMS;the pipe is 1 year old HMF black full system.Not interested in selling cam only THANKS!

nicktrx400ex
03-30-2006, 09:42 PM
how much air pressure do you run in xcrs i do alot of jumping

KingpinsEx
04-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Well i got to try out my XCR's this weekend.. I didnt get a chance to take any pics, but you guys know what they look like. I was really impressed as soon as i got them mounted. They give very good ground clearance and have deep lugs. The compound seems a little soft, which is good for traction but not for wear. I will have to see how they hold up and try to stay off the road.

On the trail they hooked up excellent in all conditions, only got stuck once in the mud. They handle really well and hooked up unbeleivably well. I even outclimbed my buddies Raptor 700r in a technical sections, he plans on getting some eventually. They are great trail tires all around and I would recommend them to anyone... I would like to hear some feedback on the GNCC's..