PDA

View Full Version : New Twist Throttle SCARY

BIGRED400
07-23-2002, 06:50 AM
I just did some work on my 2002 400 EX ....K & N with outerwears with stage 2 jetkit along with White Brothers E-Series Pipe and last a Motion Pro TWIST THROTTLE ....I am having a hard time with the new throttle with my new found power ...Do you get used to it in time??? I really love all the new power it has but I am not too sure about this throttle, I landed after a jump the other day and nailed the gas ....scary. Anyone else had this problem and changed back to the thumb thing or did you get used to it in time??? I am tired of thumb hurting but don't want to end up in the hospital either>>>THANKS

racer_ex55
07-23-2002, 07:08 AM
You'll get used to it after a while. Just practice with it. Don't do anything big or have a hard time with until you get used to it.

CranMan
07-23-2002, 07:09 AM
if you are not very used to it, it can get away from you. I've ridden bikes for about 15yrs, and my twist still gives me a scare pretty often when riding agresivley (all the time!)

Jay300ex
07-23-2002, 09:43 AM
Should get used to it pretty quick, I like my twist grip cause I used to ride bikes, only thing its difficult is hard jumps and wheelies. But the twist does twist up pretty fast so be carefull around tight turns and stuff :D

Jay

Nausty
07-23-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by BIGRED400
I just did some work on my 2002 400 EX ....K & N with outerwears with stage 2 jetkit along with White Brothers E-Series Pipe and last a Motion Pro TWIST THROTTLE ....I am having a hard time with the new throttle with my new found power ...Do you get used to it in time??? I really love all the new power it has but I am not too sure about this throttle, I landed after a jump the other day and nailed the gas ....scary. Anyone else had this problem and changed back to the thumb thing or did you get used to it in time??? I am tired of thumb hurting but don't want to end up in the hospital either>>>THANKS

I would recomend putting it on ebay. I think they are to awkward to use a twist throttle on a quad but I actually ended up hitting our house head on when i had a yz80 and i was 4th pinned because of a twist throttle and I would be dead right now if it wasn't for the window there. I flew through the window and landed on a pool table in our garage. I got the scars to prove it and the video which a copy I just sent off to sgeuaxer(spel?)

MOUSE
07-23-2002, 02:58 PM
i am getting one for my 400 ex i cant stand the thumb throttle after riding dirtbikes my whole life :huh

JustRace
07-23-2002, 03:30 PM
I had the edelbrock carb with the twist throttle installed at the same time as the 440. Now that was scary taking it for its first spin. I almost hit the hitch on my dads 5th wheel. I like having the twist throttle now.

Punk13rym
07-23-2002, 06:15 PM
when i first used a twist throttle on my friends dirtbike for some reason when i hit the front break the throttle would go on full. it always scared me and the fact that it was one of my frist times on a two stroke i wasn't used to the power band. i got used to it after two days of riding.

Lorduss
07-23-2002, 11:50 PM
ive been riding my 400 for 8 months now, and a dirt bike for 3 weeks and let me say i think twist throttle sucks, thumb throttle lets you get so much better control over the handlebars and the throttle sepretly, givin i havent had much time on it,
thumb is perfect, id say bail on the twist, go to what you know.

Nausty
07-24-2002, 12:47 AM
yah i think thumb is perfect for quads. you have much more control and they are safer and the only sacrifice is pry gonna be comfort.