PDA

View Full Version : Thumb Throttle Solution

03-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I just wanted to make a post about a cheap solution I made to help make the 250r thumb throttle feel a little softer and easier on the thumb.

What I did was purcahse a Honda trx90 thumb throttle lever. It only cost $16.06 plus shipping from www.servicehonda.com (part number is 53145-HF7-000). The trx90 lever is about 1/2" longer than the stock 250r lever. I have not had a chance to ride mine but I can tell that it feels better already.

I know that I have seen this post before somewhere but I did a search and could not find it. Maybe it's possible to make this a sticky? I feel this is a cheap fix to the other alternatives I have seen like the thumb throttle extender and people grinding on the spring in the carb.

dsaint77
03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
everything bolted together well?

I am interested in doing the same thing. Please let me know how it works!

Adam

03-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by dsaint77
everything bolted together well?

I am interested in doing the same thing. Please let me know how it works!

Adam

Yep...it bolted up just like the stock 250r one. No modifications needed.

wicked265R
03-12-2006, 03:01 PM
geeze, i didnt know there was any throttle softer than a 250r! mines great

Eddiesanders250
03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
haha i guess you havent felt mine lol

beerock
03-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Ilovemy250r
It's good to hear you GUYS complaining about that too. Being a girl I thought maybe I was just being weak about the thumb throttle being hard on me after a long ride. Nice to know there is an easy fix out there.

haha i have something that would make you keep your mind off of your thumb HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA im JUST JOKING

camon ya know i am ;)

but you left your self wide open for that ;P
im sorry if you dont see the humor im such a bad boy sorrryyyyyy:scary:

its good to see women riding R's

just like john natalies wifey.

heck i remember in wild wood when johns bike blew up and he took his girls R out and still won

btw welcome to the club i luv my 250r

wicked265R
03-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by beerock
haha i have something that would make you keep your mind off of your thumb HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA im JUST JOKING

camon ya know i am ;)

but you left your self wide open for that ;P
im sorry if you dont see the humor im such a bad boy sorrryyyyyy:scary:

its good to see women riding R's

just like john natalies wifey.

heck i remember in wild wood when johns bike blew up and he took his girls R out and still won

btw welcome to the club i luv my 250r

I was at that wildwood race when he did that. so insane man. I think he brought that bike along just for that reason

beerock
03-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by wicked265R
I was at that wildwood race when he did that. so insane man. I think he brought that bike along just for that reason

nah she was racing too but when his motor blew he had no choice and he rode the piss out of it.

it had all axis shocks and a gusseted stock frame but it was set up for a 130 pound b rider(im not saying his girl weighs that much) but that was the bike setup

i asked you this before, did you race in that event? i finished 4th overall 3rd first race with no pipe on the mtoor(popped off) after i crashed my second heat and came back form 16th to 8th

GOTFEAR
03-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Thats one thing that most quad owners never do service your thumb throtle you know breack it down and clean and oil that makes a big diferentce

beerock
03-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by GOTFEAR
Thats one thing that most quad owners never do service your thumb throtle you know breack it down and clean and oil that makes a big diferentce

another thing i noticed is the NUT on top is sometimes too tight, if you set it up right you can have a light throttle pull but need to locktight the nut.