PDA

View Full Version : stock silencer

pastfast125
03-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Anybody here shortened their stock silencer for more bottem end?? I've ben thinkin about doin that, cuz I've already done a lot of drilling out on the xstock one, so I figured whynot shorten it too. I know everybody says you lose top end, but I dont really care about that, I most just use all bottem end on my quad, well bottem to mid.....Anyways, just thought I'd ask.

pastfast125
03-12-2006, 10:32 AM
anybody?

pastfast125
03-12-2006, 10:38 AM
also, a question..If I do this, I already drilled my silencers baffles a lil to open it up, but I havent done any jetting yet, so I was thinking if I do this, I'll open it up a lil more for better flow, and run without an airbox lid, then I'll do jetting, but what jettin settings would I do? I was thinkin like go up like 2 on the main jet? I really dont know much about jetting. Thanks.

pastfast125
03-12-2006, 02:34 PM
somebody's got to have some info on this??

JDiablo
03-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Search button.

pastfast125
03-12-2006, 03:40 PM
dahh, I'm retarded...theres a lot of stuff there. When everybody says gutting the stock silencer, do they mean literally taking all the stuff out?? What all does that involve? Thanks...O ea, will the stock silencer polish?? I've seen pics of polished steel.

pastfast125
03-13-2006, 12:41 PM
ok, well I need some help. First, I have it cut open where I need it, and I cant get the dam baffle out. It's the only one I need to get out and I can't. I've been beatin the crap out of it, grinded the welds on it, I just cant get it. Another question is, Would there be any difference between runnng a like 2 inch metel mesh tube, with silencer packing around it, as opposed to just a solid 2 inch tube going throuigh? I guess the second would pretty much be like riding without a silencer. I dont care about sound, but would there be a difference in performance between the 2 of those?? The second one, I would never have to change any silencer packing. :ermm:

96lapis coupe
03-13-2006, 01:57 PM
save up $150 and get a decent slip on off of ebay instead of cobbling something together.

pastfast125
03-13-2006, 02:25 PM
no.;)

coolex
03-13-2006, 02:37 PM
ur eventually goin to be flamed for saying u dnt care about sound and if u went with a straight pipe threw the silencer thed be no point to a silencer or packing

pastfast125
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
wel, #1, it truly doesnt matter about sound, cuz the only place I ride is at NJORVP where just about every quad and dirtbike there is super loud. I never ride trails or anything. And when I do, I plan on putting a normal un modiified stock silencer on. 2, about the straight pipe, I was just wonderin about that, I wasn't sure exactly what affect packing had and all that, but I do now after talkin to somebody.

MOFO
03-13-2006, 02:57 PM
next time post this under the correct forum - Powertrain. It clearly shows "exhaust" as one of the topics.

Also while your at it, clean your sig up. This is a family ATV site. No one wants to read your childish/disgusting description of a Civic.