PDA

View Full Version : 300ex timing?

PRAIRIEOUTLAW
03-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Alright I'm a two stroke man but my buddy wanted me to help him with his 300ex. Cracked crank case....... Anyway I'm use to the two bangers and you don't have all those damn valves and crap to deal with. I know the bottomend of the engine is still in time cause the flywheel is perfectly in line with the mark on the flywheel and the mark on the case side when the piston is at TDC. Now how do I make sure the Cam is in time so the valves work correctly? I know on a warrior you have to make sure the piston is at TDC on the compression stroke and then you just install the sproket on the cam while its lined up with a mark on the head. Is this the same as the ex? I don't have a book on it so I'm kinda blind here. Also anyone have the torque specs on the head bolts? Thanks for all info.

TarheelRedRider
03-12-2006, 04:11 PM
At tdc the cam lobes point down. Theres only two positions that you can mount the cam to the timing gear so at tdc just make sure the lobes are facing down.

Sjorge450R
03-13-2006, 04:29 AM
you were right about it being the same as the Warrior. All you do is put the engine at TDC and then line the marks on the fly wheel up with the top of the cylinder.