PDA

View Full Version : Question

pastfast125
03-12-2006, 08:52 AM
I know it's been posted before, but I'm still a little confused on how to completely drain all the old coolant out of the system? Also, when filling up with new coolant, do you fill the radiator to the top, and then also fill that rezzy under the front left fender? Thanks

HondaRider250
03-12-2006, 10:32 AM
first drain all the coolant outta the engine by taking out the sliver screw on the water pump cover. this is a drain plug and will drain all the coolant. then drain the resevoir. fill the radiator w/new coolant by taking the radiator cap off and filling the radiator to the top with new coolant. then fill the overflow resevoir and run to temp

pastfast125
03-12-2006, 02:40 PM
cool thanks. I found out the hard way, that if you are changing your oil AND coolant at the same time, do the coolant first. I put it new oil. Then I take off the water pump cover to clean out any gunk and corrosion mess that built up, and all my fresh oil came out of a drain plug peice that connects between the 2. woops:p Is the only place to get the evans coolant from they're website??

HondaRider250
03-12-2006, 02:44 PM
nope, there are dealers in the US that sell evans. theres not many of them, u will have to call evans and ask for one near you, i bought mine from a place in illinois. also, dont order npg-r. its on backorder and u wont get it for another month or two. get npg+