PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake caliper is leaking, doesnt work.

DANVAN
03-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Im writing this for someone else who just bought a 2002 300ex, it had NO rear brake when he bought it, the pads were worn thru the backing plate, and even the caliper piston had wear marks on it from hitting the rotor.

We were able to compress the piston back in, also pushed that other piece back in place, the one with the wear indicator, we used a c clamp on both. Got the pads in, and the caliper back on the quad, but then it woudnt bleed, and finnally did start to leak brake fluid out of the e-brake cable area.

We found a broken o ring when we removed the e brake cable from from the caliper, we replaced it with a new one, but was not really sure where the broken one had actually came from. It was in 2 pices in there.

So can this caliper be fixed, or is it easier or cheaper to just buy a new one.

Thanks

Trevor
03-13-2006, 06:35 AM
I am also having problem with my 300ex rear brakes. I just put a parking brake block off and new pad's and I bleed the brakes but they still don't seem to work. I have no pedal at all not even after I pump it. But if I bleed the brakes it comes back but then there is no pedal the next day. What i going on here?

Racing Rice
03-13-2006, 07:23 AM
I would imagine that you can purchase a caliper rebuild kit for it. I would call your local Honda dealer service department. Explain to them what it is doing and ask them if they sell seals that can be replaced.

DANVAN
03-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know whats involved in rebuilding a caliper?

Pappy
03-13-2006, 08:45 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184211

DANVAN
03-14-2006, 04:10 AM
thanks.