PDA

View Full Version : Fox Float vs. Elka Rec Series - Opinions Needed !!

04TRX400EX
03-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Another thread under the suspension category sparked my interest in the Fox Float Shox for the front of my 400. I have always wanted a set of Elka's for the front. Due to my budget, as much as I would like compression adjustment, the Elka Rec Series Triple-rates fit what I am looking to spend ($450-ish). Everyone that has them says they make a world of difference compared to stock. Mainly, the stock fronts are way too stiff for me, as I only weigh about 135lbs. Does anyone have any personal experience with the Fox Float air shocks, or know anyone that has them? What I like about them is that with the air pressure adjustment, you basically have the ability to change how firm/soft the shocks are, like a compression adjustment on an Elka Sports/Race shock. The downside to the Fox Shox are that they are a bit more expensive ($650/pair) and no one runs them so many don't have opinions on how they compare to Elka's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, I ride desert-type trails. No MX or anything like that.

04TRX400EX
03-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Come on people. Someone on here has to run Fox Shox or know someone who does. Help me decide what to get.

onefast400ex
03-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I never had any expierence with both of them. I always ride with pep zps shocks. If you are interested I have a like new set with rezzys for sale. Email me back at mxandrew12@aol.com
If you make a good offer I will sell them because I need the money to get my yfz.

Racing Rice
03-13-2006, 07:28 AM
I have Fox Float shocks and I love them. I ran them with the stock arms for several months, and just recently upgraded to +2 arms. The shocks work GREAT! Very smooth. The harder you ride the better they seem to work. They are a progressive shock, so further into the stroke you get the more force is applied internally. This provides great bottoming-out resistance without a rough ride. They cost more then the Elka Recs do, but the ability to adjust the air pressure to dial in the shocks is worth it IMO. They are also a lot lighter then spring shocks.

Check out this thread, and some of the links I posted.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216589