PDA

View Full Version : Youth rider killed at Gatorback?

Pappy
03-11-2006, 06:32 PM
I just heard that a Youth quad rider died racing the GNC today:( Does anyone have the info on this rider?

161xchonda
03-11-2006, 06:42 PM
I hope no one died. I was down there when Matt Bartosek had his accident. It is a moment I would like to forget.:ermm:

JandJRacingKFX
03-11-2006, 06:55 PM
I got the news a hr ago that it did happen. Not trying to start rumors but one of our local boys racing( actually leading that class in points) called my cousin and said that a kid got killed right in front of him. What he said happened was the kid came up to a jump on the gas like he was gonna jump but LASt second slammed on brakes and the kid behind him never slowed down and jumped, landed right on top of him. Not sure if its true or not but lil Ryan was real shook up on the phone and thats just what he said. If it is true I am so sorry for that family

416exfreak
03-11-2006, 06:59 PM
MAN THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, im not tryin to be harsh or anything, but those are the risks associated with an extreme motorsport, my heart goes out to that kids family.........:(

insaneracin2003
03-11-2006, 07:01 PM
paryers go out to his family.......sorry for your loss

theTman
03-11-2006, 07:02 PM
:( this isnt good...RIP

Honda TRX250ex
03-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Its so sad to see such young riders lose their life.
RIP little man:(

416exfreak
03-11-2006, 07:10 PM
ive never raced, but ive had my baby destroyed before( rest in peaces) a guy on a yz250 come tearing across the field and ran smack into the back of my old cr125, tore the swingarm off, and sent me to the hospital with a cracked hip, im only 13, but about 6'1", kinda taller for my age, ill never forget how scary that was, one second peace the next second hell and chaos...........its a great sport, but so, so, so dangerous

XCRACER26
03-11-2006, 07:11 PM
feel bad for that kids family. But, if I was going to die soon, that would be the way I would want to go, doing what I love. I feel bad for the kid who landed on him, hes got to feel like $hit. I would be devistated. my heart goes out to his family, friends,and fellow racers:(

Hondacrf15
03-11-2006, 07:13 PM
The Youth Production riders name is Zak Griffin from Georgia. He is one of the most outstanding young men I have ever met! He always took the time for the younger riders and always had a smile on his face! I have tears in my eyes as I write this. Many many hearts are sadened tonite and all of our prayers go out to his family and friends. WE LOVE YOU ZAK!!!!!!!
Shay Sims

wvspeedfreak
03-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Our thoughts and prayers will be with his family.That is every parents worst nightmare.:(

416exfreak
03-11-2006, 07:20 PM
DAM!!!!!!!!! how old was he?, i hate to hear about people getting hurt or killed, im with XCracer26, if i had to die soon, i would want to be out riding........:(

antman
03-11-2006, 08:18 PM
thats really sad , i feel bad for is friends and family ... is sucks to hear somones life cut short by an riding accidenteither being killed or paralyzed. RIP Little Guy. i feel even worse thoe for the boy who landed on him killing him because he has to live feeling that it was his fault. my prayers go out to both boys and both of there families

trxfour50r
03-11-2006, 08:20 PM
hate to hera that may god be with that family

Escourt
03-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Man that sucks. I'm praying for him, and RIP.

I know I can't belive everything I hear, but on Myspace there was a bulliten that everyone (including me) reposted. It was about a 13 year old kid that had got killed this week sometime at Lake Whitney.

Don't know if its true or not. But I hope not!

bad01300ex
03-11-2006, 11:19 PM
man that really sucks, RIP

anybody know where from GA he was?

Oldracer#23
03-12-2006, 05:04 AM
RIP

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060312/LOCAL/203120354/1078/news

ml450r
03-12-2006, 07:09 AM
http://www.vcatv.com/VCATVteamgriffin.htm

found this about him.

Jersey450R
03-12-2006, 07:27 AM
wow, this is crazy. 1 day before the national?? i will say my prayers.

161xchonda
03-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by JandJRacingKFX
I got the news a hr ago that it did happen. Not trying to start rumors but one of our local boys racing( actually leading that class in points) called my cousin and said that a kid got killed right in front of him. What he said happened was the kid came up to a jump on the gas like he was gonna jump but LASt second slammed on brakes and the kid behind him never slowed down and jumped, landed right on top of him. Not sure if its true or not but lil Ryan was real shook up on the phone and thats just what he said. If it is true I am so sorry for that family

I feel very sorry for both of the families. .:ermm: Both of the families will be in my prayers. R.I.P. little man.

JRP
03-12-2006, 07:54 AM
damn i cant belive this... I hate when this happens in our sport. RIP:(

@Bad465EX
03-12-2006, 07:57 AM
I feel sorry for the famil. to bad this happens this early in the year

Dan229
03-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Zak and his dad Scott are really close friends of mine and this has been a terrible blow to the Griffin family and the many friends of the Griffins. Please keep the Griffins in your thoughts and prayers!

I talked to Zak's dad several times last night as he drove home from FL and he is doing about as good as a dad can do in that situation. He did say he actually talked to the boy that landed on top of Zak and told the boy to not blame himself for the accident as there was nothing he could have done. The boy and his family were extremely upset about the accident but and if anyone does know the rider that hit Zak keep him and his family in your prayers and visit with them if possible.

Racing has its dangers and we all do everything we can do to be safe but accidents happen and lives are changed forever and non up us can understand the whys at times...Zak was a great young man and he will be missed terribly.

I will post the details of the funeral services for Zak once they are set.

Thanks,
Dan.

rancheres
03-12-2006, 09:38 AM
i just found out at 9:30 this morning. I feel really bad for both family's. If i was going to die thats the way i would want to go. My prayers are out for both familys. R.I.P little buddy (zac griffin)

WildWestRacing
03-12-2006, 12:21 PM
This is a major loss for the racing community. Josh and Zak have been battling against each other for the past year and a half in Georgia and Alabama. Win lose or draw they were always buddies before and after the race. They would always walk the track together and discuss their plan of attack before each race.

Zak made Josh a better rider by giving Josh some real compitition and giving him advice. Zak was always the first one to hit the big jumps.

I never saw Zak mad or show any unsportsmanlike conduct. He was a good role model for the younger kids. Always had a smile on his face.

Zak was a good kid and he will truly be missed.

Josh feels like he has lost a brother.

Lets all pray for Scott and Patti Griffin. They will need our support.

God bless you both.

The West Family

PrairieFrisbee
03-12-2006, 03:03 PM
This is Zak's DAD...the account of the accident is correct...he had lost his seat to the quad on the previous lap and pulled up on the jump because another rider was in front of him..he swerved to avoid him and a rider jumped and landed on him. I spoke to the young man that landed on him and expressed my concern for him and told him the best thing he could do is race..race...race...Zak would not have wanted him to not race. I wont post the riders name out of respect for him and what he must be going thru..

Thanks for all the kind words...keep #23 in your prayers and know this...Zak was doing what he loved to do..he wouldnt have wanted it any other way.

Scott

JRP
03-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by PrairieFrisbee
This is Zak's DAD...the account of the accident is correct...he had lost his seat to the quad on the previous lap and pulled up on the jump because another rider was in front of him..he swerved to avoid him and a rider jumped and landed on him. I spoke to the young man that landed on him and expressed my concern for him and told him the best thing he could do is race..race...race...Zak would not have wanted him to not race. I wont post the riders name out of respect for him and what he must be going thru..

Thanks for all the kind words...keep #23 in your prayers and know this...Zak was doing what he loved to do..he wouldnt have wanted it any other way.

Scott

Im really sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Pappy
03-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Very sorry to hear that this indeed happened.

My families prayers and thoughts will be on your family and on Zak, god bless you all.

pantherpit218
03-12-2006, 03:43 PM
We will be praying for you!!!!

blasteracer24
03-12-2006, 04:24 PM
R.I.P Zak..were prayin for you over at pb.

Rayne
03-12-2006, 05:09 PM
it's hard to read about something like this, for what i have heard Zak was a great rider and seemed like a really nice kid my condolences to both families

400exc
03-12-2006, 05:44 PM
ill be praying for zak too, thats terrible to hear an accident like that, RIP zak. Both familirs are in my prayers.

Simon MX49
03-12-2006, 05:56 PM
My deepest condolences to Zaks family, and the rider who was involved and his family. I hope that no one blames him, if Zak really did swerve, it is no ones fault. Please do not blame that rider, i'm sure he is feeling extreme remorse, and any amount of blame will make it worse. That's racing, but it still touches me deeply that this happened. RIP Zak

hondardr4life
03-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Rest in peace Zak. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but from what I hear, he was a great person. He will be in my prayers.

blasteracer24
03-12-2006, 06:50 PM
He was so pumped on the forums about gettign his parts and stuff liek that.. its too abd it was ended short.

ST87
03-12-2006, 07:45 PM
I got the pleasure of racing my first race ever against him in April of 2004 i was on my 400ex and he was on a blaster and smoked me. In the first moto i went down in the first turn and after the race he was the only one that came and asked if everything was allright. That 3 min that he asked if i was allright was all i ever got to talk to him. Wish now i had known him better. R.I.P Zak Griffin #23. My prayer go out to both families.

400ex28
03-12-2006, 07:48 PM
RIP

pitmomts
03-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Our deepest sympathy to the Griffin family. We are praying for all involved. :(

jt195
03-12-2006, 09:52 PM
r.i.p zak :(

Ralph
03-12-2006, 10:11 PM
My deepest emotions go to zaks family and the unfortunate rider who was also involved in the accident.

It is a sad day for racing

dangle
03-12-2006, 10:22 PM
It's just not right :( ....

Mike

hetrick_racing9
03-12-2006, 11:09 PM
ive talked to him before on the computer but never had the chance to meet him and im sure if i had of it would of been a experience that i wuld of remembered..from what i hear he was a great racer a great student and just basically a great all around rider ... but the main thing is THAT HE DIED DOING WHAT HE LOVED and if what he loved ended up killing him in the end so be it .. he would of had it no other way and im sure a lot of you can compare to wut i am saying and understand what i am saying... Racing is Racing and your pushing your limits and so are all the other riders and its just unfortant that this sport has stuff happen like this.. My condolences go out to the family and i feel really bad for the kid who has to deal with wut is happening.. please dont give his name out.. if you know it.. and dont bother asking me.. Best Luck To Everyone Involved In This Accedent And Best Luck In The Futur... Life Goes on stuff happens its noones fault and its going to be tough days ahead of us but we will push on and remember the ONE AND ONLY.... ZACH GRIFFIN the man who gave is all and never gave up and gave the best sportsmanship he could.... Much Love to his family himself and the other kid which is becoming a man and it is just to bad for zach but he wuld of not wanted it any other way... Both Familys and kids are in my PRAYERS ...

---<3YOU WILL BE REMEMBER ZACH GRIFFIN<3--- and everyone ivolved...

jrd426
03-13-2006, 06:29 AM
god speed little man!!!!

Jersey450R
03-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by hetrick_racing9
... but the main thing is THAT HE DIED DOING WHAT HE LOVED and if what he loved ended up killing him in the end so be it .. he would of had it no other way

THAT HE DIED DOING WHAT HE LOVED...

I hate it when people say that, its almost like it makes a death a happy thing. Its almost as bad as a huge party after a viewing or funeral and getting drunk. :( . Ive watched 3 of my close friends die for various reasons.

If a drug addict dies, you dont say, "oh, he died doing what he loved to do". point is, everyone knows this is a tragedy and people are going to bash our sport for this and its not fair. everyone who is a passionate quad rider knows this and unless one isnt, willl never understand.

PrairieFrisbee
03-13-2006, 07:28 AM
Jersey450R..he died what he loved doing..yes its a tragedy...I asked the scumbag reprter from Gainesville who somehow got my wifes Cell number and called her twice at home during this tryig time...that I would not give him any info if he was going to write it up as just another ATV pointless death...he went against my wishes..and lumped it in with another death that occured at Gatorback two weeks before..this scum bag coudlnt get info from me..so called my wife. I knew it would be spun into something that would harm the sport me and my son loved and I asked him not to do it. With that said...thanks again for all the well wishes..my wife and I are reading this daily and is giving us some comfort.

Zak's DAD,

Scott

insaneracin2003
03-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Mr. Griffin,
On behalf of my family,I wanted to wish you guys well during this trying time. I know that you guys will pull through and Zak is watching over you guys from above. My heart goes out to your family and the other rider and his family that was involved. You are a very strong person to be able to come on here and give us this info,we do appreciate it. When a tragedy of this nature happens.we(quad racing community)can pull together and help pull through times like this.
Can you let the other rider know that it was just an accident.(which i am sure you did already)He must be terrified.
I just wanted to give my condolences to you guys.Sorry for your loss.
God Speed
The Schulz Family

Jersey450R
03-13-2006, 09:01 AM
i'm sorry for getting loud and i hope all goes well with this WHOLE situation. I had a bad feeling about Sundays race while reading this thread on Saturday morning. What do you know...my friend Donny gets lifted out of there via helicopter. Needless to say, next years National will mostly not be at Gatorback, we will have to see. Again, my regards go deep and best of luck. prayers are with you.

C-LEIGH RACING
03-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Mr Griffin & Family
My heart goes out to you brother & your family.
I all to well know what its like for a child to be taken away.
We lost our oldest daughter, Caraleigh 13 year old in 1992 crossing the road walking to church.
Its been a hard road to travel sence then & the only real comfort that I have found is from God.
You have all your kin folk & close friends to lean on & thats a big help, but you still have that spot that they just cant fill, God is the answer.
I'm going to PM you our phone number & in the days ahead of you & the family if you should have a question or just need someone to talk to, my wife, daughter & myself would be glad to help any way we can.
Pritchard family

400grl
03-13-2006, 10:25 AM
The only thing I can offer is my prayers.........I'm so sorry for your loss.......these things make me want to leave work and go hug my children.....

God bless....

03sp500
03-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and the other rider. I am very glad to see all the support that is here for you. The world is a better place because your son was here,

To the other rider please know it's was just an accident, get back on that quad and race just like if Zak was next to you, he would want it that way I'm sure.

Glod Bless you all.

Dan229
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Service info for Zak Griffin

Parrott Funeral Home
8355 Senioa Road
Hwy 74
Fairburn,Ga 30213
770 964 4800
Visitation from 5pm until 8pm Wednesday 3//15/06

Funeral Services 3/16/06 at 11AM
Saint Matthew Catholic Church

We will leave the Funeral home at 10:30 on Thursday and proceed to the church.

Flowers may be sent to the funeral home...or donations can be made to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation or the
Lance Armstrong Foundation or American Cancer Society in his name.

fasterz
03-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Best wishes out to hit family members and friends.

I did not know him, but after going to multiple nationals you learn that EVERYONE there is a great person and loves the same sport as you, which makes it more fun, which makes this a loss of another great person in this world.

Blaster x
03-13-2006, 01:05 PM
RIP

Dan229
03-13-2006, 01:24 PM
If any of you would like to write a few words for Zak's family you can do so at the bottom of Zaks obituary. Just click on the Condolence link.

http://www.funeralquestions.com/obits/parrott/memorial.asp?listing_id=54641

Thanks,
Dan.

03-13-2006, 04:10 PM
RIP:(

440bigborekit
03-13-2006, 04:37 PM
i wish i could have met him he sounded like a great and talented kid we are about the same age and i wouldent kno what my parents would do if anything ever happened to me i realy respect the fact that you even make the time to come on here and tell us whats going on it shows how dedicated you and you family is to the sport we all and zak loved i will always think about him in my prayers and i will race in dedication of him R.I.P. Zak #23 i am very sorry for the loss

dshfearh
03-13-2006, 05:22 PM
i was never able to meet the little guy but i had the privilege of watching him race one time. i was shocked when i first read about this but then when i clicked on that link about him i realized i had seen him before and made it that much worse. Godspeed kid. My prayers go out to the family and everyone who knew him.

extremeblastr
03-13-2006, 05:30 PM
first thing i did when i read this was call my g/f and tell her how much she means to me and then i went and hugged my dad stuff like this kills me man one of my friends died in a car crash a couple months ago cuz he wasn't wearin a seat belt i wish this sport was safer mr. griffin my prayers go out to zak and you and your family

T Creech
03-13-2006, 08:11 PM
The Creech family sends their thoughts and prayers to the Griffin family. I did not know your son, but I know many like him. I think that the more racers I meet, of assorted ages, races, and locations, the more they share the same joy, enthusiasm, and drive to stay with this sport they love. It is so incredibly hard to explain why, as a parent, we allowed our 5 year old, 12 year old, 16 year old or 24 year old to race or even ride an ATV. The fact of their love for this sport and the confidence and sense of accomplishment they have when they are riding, or working on their quad, is something that cannot be measured. In many cases the sport does not define the rider or racer, but it does feed the heart. I have had my heart in my throat too many times to count while watching my son pursue his dreams, and hope that my child is doing what will complete him, as your son obviously found the thing in his life that meant enough to take the chances inherent with this sport. When asked how I can allow my son to do the things he does, I have to say, 'How can I not? It is what he has dreamed of as a child and what he as a man has grown to believe it is his path to take.' As a parent, the best I can do is the best I can do. Again, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.

Teresa Creech

Tommy 17
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
^ thats one of the best things i have ever read... nice post Mrs. Creech...

i'm sorry to hear about your son:(

raptorguy
03-14-2006, 06:41 AM
Hey guys,
There is something else you can do to help this family and our sport. Write to the newspapers editors to voice your displeasure over the coverage of this story. This boy's father and family did not want to speak to the news, but the reporter disrespectfully contacted the boy's mother. The reporter then wrote a cold story which had all the tones of CPSC report about the inherent dangers of ATVs.
BUT!!!!!! You must do this intelligently and respectfully, even though the reporter did not. No vulgar language (i.e. swears and curses), please reread what you write and make sure its not missing words and use a spell checker. This will only work if we present ourselves as proper, intelligent, and respectful community of ATVers. I've seen alot of posts that have terrible grammar and poor spelling, this just makes us look disorganized, not intelligent, and rude, we know that as a community we are not, but that is what people see and this effort will not be taken seriously and will only have negative effects on our image.
So take some time, and write something effective and intelligent voicing the ATV community's displeasure with this papers method of covering this story. Use the addresses below.

News Information:
If you have a concern or comment about The Gainesville Sun's news coverage, please e-mail or phone Jim Osteen or Jacki Levine.

Jim Osteen osteenj@gvillesun.com Executive Editor 352-374-5035
Jacki Levine levinej@gvillesun.com Managing Editor 352-374-5040

jason14x
03-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Mr. Griffin and family. I wish you the very best through this very trying time. Your son though I never met him sounds like a great young man. Remember all the good times you had toghether.....its times like this that makes me wanna grab my kids and not let them out the door and just hide in my house, but we know thats not what those we loved would have wanted for us or them.

To all in the atv world each time you go out think of Zak, Matt Bartosek , and all the others and go out there and do it for them and you. People at my job think I'm crazy risking my life for a hobby ,because dont fool yourselves guys/girls every time you swing a leg over the machine you risk your life. I do it for the same reason you all do I love it and this is who I am my life would not be complete without me being me .

So to the Griffins God Bless and our prayers are with you. To all everyone else be safe, be smart and god bless.

Jason NEATV-MX

raptorguy
03-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to post what I sent to the paper, figured maybe it would give you some ideas or a starting point for your own letter. Or if you like, use my letter and attach your own name and signature.

Hello,
I am writing in concern to the article Nathan Crabbe wrote in the March 12, 2006 addition about the death of a 16 year old boy at the Gatorback Cycle Park on March 11, 2006. I am an avid ATV rider and racer who lives in Massachusetts. I travel to many beautiful areas around the country to participate in these races meeting a vast variety of great people and cultures in the communities where these events are held. I am very disgusted with the lack of respect and disregard for family desires and wishes that your newspaper and Mr. Crabbe showed.
This article was cold and showed no signs of any emotion. It also felt like a letter from the CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission) who have repeatedly tried to ban the sale and manufacture of ATVs. Mr. Griffin, who is I'm sure going through immense emotional turmoil even took the time to address us the ATV community on several websites to thank us for our prayers and respect and to also make sure that we were provide the most accurate information. He also discussed how your reporter denied his wishes for a statement and then still contacted his wife who as imagined was also extremely upset. Mr. Crabbe showed great disrespect and disregard for the family's desire for privacy. Maybe he should take lessons from another one of your staff members, Tiffany Pakkala who wrote a very nice piece about Hope Powell and her recent tragic death at the same facility. Ms. Pakkala showed the ability to report the facts of the story and also show respect and decency for the families that were involved. Mr. Crabbe on the other hand managed to get his story out and at the same time upset a very close knit racing community and family trying help another family in their time of grief.

Derek White

jrd426
03-14-2006, 09:17 AM
i think as a atv community we need to all express are opinions to this ***hole writer that is making this tragity somthing that its not.so heres his e-mail address and his office #.we should all e-mail him and let him know what kind of scumbag he really is!!!

crabben@gvillesun.com
352-338-3176

T Creech
03-14-2006, 09:30 AM
I actually did speak with Mr. Crabbe. He was very nice, but also is being bombarded with very immature representatives from our community.

Please use facts, and use calm behavior when speaking with the media. Do not curse. Do not accuse. - Do I sound like your mother?

Many of you know that our community is portrayed in an unfavorable light when something like this happens. Do not give fuel to the fire by acting like spoiled brats.

I know you all can express yourselves clearly - as proof these forums-- just remember that you are speaking with someone who has little background with our community and our sport. He can only base his story on what information is provided to him and the way that our community expresses themselves.

Personally, I would rather not be lumped in with a bunch of hotheads who will make the 20 minuted civil conversation that I had with Mr. Crabbe a complete waste of breath. He is very interested in a follow up story on what makes us as a community pursue something that is potentially lethal, and on the precautions that we take to minimize the risk of our sport. Also he would like to know how long riders have been exposed to the sport before racing and how the progressive classes work - Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced - C - B - A - Pro-Am - Pro classes.

He would like very much to speak with riders who CAN EXPRESS THEMSELVES CLEARLY AND CIVILY and remember that he is from 'the rest of the world' that only knows that 3 wheelers/ATVs were outlawed.

It's up to us to show that we are responsible and we are not as immature as some would believe.

jason14x
03-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Guys , I agree with Mrs. Creech, the posts John Natalie, Mr. White ,and a few others have posted are very good articles. Like Mrs. Creech said remember a lot of these people only see the bad images the media throws at them.

Those of you who know me know that I am not only an atv race promoter but a Police Officer . I see the good and bad things everyday and have to take a step back and look at allsides before we go running off at the mouth. Remember what you say to someone has an affect. Thats the one problem with these computers we all "look" the same no one can tell your just a kid or whatever or when your joking , or how emotional you are about something behind a keyboard.

So to wrap this up I want as many of you as can to write Mr. Crabbe and let him know that More kids are hurt injured and killed on bicycles, playing football, and on skateboards than are on quads every year. This comes from real statistics the Atva posted in on of the ATVA new mags they send out . Be smart and respectful . Tell him to come to another event and talk to the reacers see the good that comes out of our events. Tell him to talk to the police that use Quads to search for missing people, or rescue people who are caught on mountains , Talk to the farmers that use them for work....get all the sides and then print a COMPLETE article about ATV'!

Jason Perron

NEATV-MX

PrairieFrisbee
03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
One of the reasons I didnt want to talk to this reporter was bcause I knew what kind of story it would be. I am an officer in one of the largest ATV activist clubs in the country..trying to promote trail safety...tread lightly....no drinking while rideg..etc..etc..etc...Mrs Creech...I apologise for turning the folks loose on this guy but when he disturbed my wife that was the last straw. If we wants do to a follow up story I will be more that happy to talk to him. I will PM you my cell phone and I would love to talk to you also..your words are calming and comforting for my wife and myself and we would welcome the chance to thank you in person.

Scott

Simon MX49
03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I hope that you see that everyone is behind you. I personally never got to me Zak, but from what i've heard, he was a really great kid. I wish i would have met him, seems like a really great kid, tooo bad i got started racing so late. You have my deepest condolences, this hit me really hard. It is a terrible loss to see a young man with so much potential shot down in the action of battle.

R.I.P. Zak

orca0294
03-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi,
I never did get to meet Zak but would have loved to, he seemed like a great guy and an excellent rider. In the short 16 years Zak was here I know he made a difference and touched everyone he met and knew. I know you had a great son and I'm sorry for what had happened. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Mike Orcutt

XCAdam89
03-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Sorry for bringing this back, but anyways...

In remembrance of Zak, Here you are:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/D6Adam/ZakSig.gif

I know you can't use sigs on this site, but feel free to use it on others if you are a member on other forums.

PrairieFrisbee
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
XCADAM...That pic is awsome...I am sure Zak is smiling saying that is way kewl. THe outpouring of from the ATV community is overwhelming. I hope someday I get to meet each and everyone of you that posted and say thank you.

Scott Griffin

motox450r
03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
i have read all posts ahead this one and i'm having a hard time keeping my eyes dry. this kind of stuff is hard to swallow. the strait family sends out our deepest sympathys for your loss. from everything that was said it sounds like zak was a very upstanding youg man, which is a product of the griffin parents. which is exactly why i got my family into riding and racing atv's. people like this are a joy to be around, and it is very unfortunate that we have loose somebody of this caliber at such a young age. but he was doing something that he loved and that can never BE A BAD THING. no matter what any reporter wants the world to think! and because of classy people like the griffin's our sport can only flourish. best wishes to the griffin family and zak you will be missed. best wishes to the young man and his family that was in this accident also.

beerock
03-16-2006, 10:53 PM
my deepest sympathys to your family

im so sorry i will

Dubzy14
03-16-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this, i was told by some buddys the other day up here in canada, everyone feels soo sorry for the loss of Zak, I just can't believe something like that happens when racing :(

250rider1
03-17-2006, 06:08 AM
Your family is in my prayers. Im sorry for your loss.

yfz450admirer
03-17-2006, 02:58 PM
I am sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts.