PDA

View Full Version : Orange County NY area ?

syckNtwisted121
03-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Looking for a place to ride regularly, preferrably some type of motocross terrain, PM me and let me know if anyone out there can help ?!

jtquad
03-11-2006, 07:01 PM
you can ride with our club in sullivan county. Our track is kinda shot but its getting re-done as soon as the ground is ok for heavy equipment. Join up on our site http://www.teamfasracing.com Later - JT

syckNtwisted121
03-12-2006, 11:09 AM
hey, thanks alot for the reply. At this point any track where I can pound some laps will do. If its a place where I can bring in some people and modify the track that would be even better !!! e-mail with some more info where the track is etc etc and thanks again !! munsch121@yahoo.com

4TraxRider
03-12-2006, 03:24 PM
I got an area right in otisville. We also hit up all the races and open practices all summer.

Joe, i'll drop your grab bar off this week. Thanks a ton bro.

prnstr4life
03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I ride in maybrook all the time

jtquad
03-13-2006, 06:42 AM
No problem man - JT

syckNtwisted121
03-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Otisville ? I live in Otisville !! Let me know where !? In the past I went to all the local practices, but havnt raced in sometime, just getting back into it, i have an LTR sitting in my garage with nothing but a yard to ride it in. Any help would be awesome, thanks munsch121@yahoo.com

jtquad
03-13-2006, 02:42 PM
LTR 450? If so how do you like it? - JT

syckNtwisted121
03-13-2006, 03:53 PM
I havnt had any track time with it, but from just ripping around in the fields and yard around my parents house, its amazing for what it costs !! Going over the frame, swing-arm and all that, the bike is better built and more thought has been put into it than my old YFZ, 250rs, or my buddies 450R. For B or C class riders, this thing is truely fully race ready (less nerfbars). For A or Pro racing, it would need a tad more power, a front end and some suspension, I am not sure about the linkage, track time will tell me that. The biggest thing you notice is the EFI, its almost like a 2-stroke right off the bottom. So far, in about 2 hours of riding, I do not regret buying it at all. I look forward to getting back on the track with this quad no doubt !!

CHIROCHRIS
03-14-2006, 07:59 AM
jt,

its almost time to hit katrina falls pit again...you in!

anyone also ofcourse....i also want ti ride up buy you for a switch

jtquad
03-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Yeah, Ill come down. Can you make our charity event on the 26th? - JT

CHIROCHRIS
03-18-2006, 10:13 AM
yeah i am going to try...which bike should i bring?

check you pm..i sent you one

EXevan91
03-28-2006, 06:09 PM
hey some one pm on riding in the katrina falls pit i wanna see what they look like and i need some real places to ride... i may be young but i can ride and u wont have to worry about me wondering if u can adjust my kanuter valve for me

jtquad
03-28-2006, 08:31 PM
EXEVAN if you ever want to rid ehit us up http://www.teamfasracing.com LAter - JT

mole97
03-28-2006, 10:52 PM
HEY GUY'S. JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE O.P AT WALDEN TOMMOROW(ACTUALLY,TODAY) .IF YOUR THERE COME ON OVER. MIKE,BLUE YFZ#799.WHITE DODGE 25OO WITH BLACK AND RED TRIBAL FLAMES ON IT. MAYBEY'ILL SEE YA'S THERE . :cool:

CHIROCHRIS
03-29-2006, 05:48 PM
i am hitting katrina pit on sunday, anyone down?

4TraxRider
03-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Chris, what time are you going?

Mole97, i was there. Ended up getting there at about 3. Had the beat to death blue YFZ #450 with jeans on. I'm pretty sure i saw you there. You racing on Sunday?

CHIROCHRIS
03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
be there from noon for a few hours then hit the old golf course for a little

jtquad
03-31-2006, 05:40 AM
tony's golf course?

CHIROCHRIS
03-31-2006, 06:59 AM
not sure, but i know it as emerald green golf course and there are a few small pits in the area also..i havent been to these places for a long time...i am sure there are houses biult near them so i will try it out this wkend and if it is any good i will take you guys...it may be a 2-3 hr loop witha little road riding but only in wolf lake which is private and i have a house there so shouldnt be a problem as long as we are quiet on the roads...

im not sure what is left of any of the sand pits but i will see this wkend and hopefully we will have a nice loop to hit!

jtquad
03-31-2006, 07:05 AM
Awesome! Also we decided on another charity run after the meeting wends night its may 7th more to come soon - JT

4TraxRider
03-31-2006, 07:10 AM
I was offroading my truck in there last night, they have really went down hill lately because of sanding the roads. The golf course is still ridable, theres just one house that calls the cops. My ex gf lived right there and used to ride it all the time. I can get you from the sand banks to the golf course only crossing one road. What way do you take?

jtquad
03-31-2006, 07:16 AM
Tyler, we are doing work day sat at 1230 1pm to hay fields etc - JT

CHIROCHRIS
03-31-2006, 02:04 PM
from sand banks i take the power line and then up thru wolf lake trail-down the rye field across onto emerald green property then make a left onto the other power line down about a mile and then hit the emerald green sand pit(where they put the house), come out of pit bust a rt and then up the road and left into the golf course...when im done with the golf course i cross wolf lake raod and hit the 2 sand pits that are down there and then finish on bobcat trail and exit in between yankee lake and wolf lake and ride home on the road about 2 miles...

i will check the miles and let you guys know if it still works that easy..its been a while but that was our standard daily run as kids..kicking as on my lt125 and my friend's atc 90

I-7
04-04-2006, 06:27 PM
The old motocross track in southwoods (monticello) is also a good place to ride if it wasn't so grown in. Theres 2 single jumps that are still there from the mx track and there is a few other jumps people have discovered and built. You guys should check it out. Its off Price road on Hiram Jones road. Mapquest it if need be. Its a really short ride from the sandpits off katrina falls road and just requires a river crossing if coming from that side.