PDA

View Full Version : difference: xc vs. mx shock setup

reichart90
03-11-2006, 05:47 PM
i know there is a difference between the two shock setups but what exactly is it...
does xc make the quad sit higher then mx setup?
does mx setup for heavy hits from big landings?

also say a set of shocks are set up for +1 arms... how differently will they act if put on say +3 arms... i guess what im trying to say is... pretty much no matter what when buying used shocks.. you will not get the peak performance from them without getting them reworked for your own personal setup. and i know this - this makes sense to me... but what experience have you guys had WITHOUT getting them reworked?

bradley300
03-11-2006, 06:31 PM
the mx shock has a more progressive spring curve (stiffer for the big jumps), and usually a longer extended length to take advantange of the extra travel from the smaller tires

KingpinsEx
03-12-2006, 10:48 AM
It is going to be difficult to find someone who has the exact same vavling as you would want used. So basically if you get used shocks you will want them to be revalved.

In that case it doesn't matter if they are setup for xc or mx, because you can have that shock revalved for whatever type you want. The only thing you need to worry about is a long travel setup with normal a-arms, then they will not work.