PDA

View Full Version : extending 300ex front end

Dr89
03-11-2006, 01:47 PM
i was just wondering what the worst case-scenario would be of running +2 a-arms without getting aftermarket shocks or if you can even do it. with where and how i ride i need the extra stability over more suspension travel. lots steep and rutted trails and stuff, would be nice to be a little wider for riding along the side of all the hills around here. my jumping is summed up in a friends backyard track, some decent jumps but nothing huge, stock shocks handle it fine but i didnt know what the difference in pressure on them would be by getting wider a-arms. planning on getting shocks on down the road, just dont wanna spend the money on them yet if its not absolutely necessary.

300extreme#8
03-11-2006, 11:25 PM
i wouldn't, just save up and buy shocks also, 300 shocks r too plush, if u bought extended a-arms they will only bottom out 3times more then with it at stock width

Dr89
03-12-2006, 02:18 PM
yea i figured that would be a problem but i've still never bottomed out the stock shocks the way it is, and it would only be temporary, maybe a couple months at the longest