PDA

View Full Version : Cherry bomb, etc before break in??

zerolm
03-11-2006, 09:26 AM
I had a couple of guys tell me to break my quad in before the Cherry bomb,baffle, airbox mods. I have 3 to 4 hours on my LTR and am having a hard time resisting the mods!! I don't think it will hurt a thing at this point, but I would like to hear what everyone thinks about this. Thanks for your time...........

AL Elks
03-11-2006, 11:47 AM
I put the CRBM on mine after only riding it for 2 minutes stock. It was just too corked up.

AceLtz
03-11-2006, 02:07 PM
I had a yoshi pipe and the cherrybomb on before i even rode it. It doesnt matter what you have on it, just take it easy on break in.

LTZ400ApK
03-12-2006, 08:14 PM
I removed the baffle,air box lid and installed the cherry bomb soon as i got it home been riding it like i stole it Since

spudss
03-16-2006, 01:40 PM
I havent got the CB yet but I am wanting to take the baffle out to let it just breath some.. Does anyone know if you can leave the lid on and just pull the baffle out.? Has anyone tried it? Is it running lean or rich? I wouldnt think It would do much since I havent taken the lid off to give more air or put the CB on to give more fuel.. Im not sure if I sould run it like that..

What do you think?

LTZ400ApK
03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
you can remove the airbox and baffle and should be fine w/o the cherry bomb

AceLtz
03-16-2006, 04:07 PM
i highly doubt it will be fine, thats what the cherry bomb is for. The efi is mapped to meet epa regualations stock with the lid and baffle in. Without them its probably going to be too lean.

03-16-2006, 04:28 PM
I would not risk it. Its a little lean even with the CB.

spudss
03-16-2006, 05:39 PM
I dont think I can take the lid off with out the CB (fuel-to-air ratio) So I dont want to do that.. But I was just wondering if I could remove the baffle and not have a problem.. If anyone had done that yet and checked the plug..

LTZ400ApK
03-16-2006, 06:43 PM
has Anyone Tried Reseting the ecm by unpluggin the battery for 30 mins?

ScooterBike
03-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm running w/o sparcky & lid, but no CB. When I rev the bike it puffs smoke, doesnt that mean its to rich, to much feul?

dg95
03-17-2006, 08:26 AM
If it puffs smoke it means it isn't broken in correctly yet the rings aren't seated yet and i ran mine for 5 minutes stock, was highly dissapointed in the power, took the sparkarrestor out and removed the lid, ran it to see if the cherry bomb really did anything and w/o the cherry bomb it missed on the topend like it was running out of gas(lean) and i'm happy to say that with the 40 dollar mods it is now up to my expectations for the price of the quad

spudss
03-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Well I the shop finally got there order of CB's in.. I put one on this evening.. All I can say is WOW.. That thing is a totally different quad. IT has some serious arm ripping power.. It wants to pull the front up in every gear.. I am extreamly happy with this quad..