PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for the family of my co-worker

Foxyangel0425
03-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Sadly, I had to grab my co-worker out of her meeting room so her husband could tell her the horrible news that her mom and dad died in a car accident and that her sister and niece were in the hosptial fighting for their life on Thursday. We found out on Friday that her 11 year old neice died of her injuries. Here is the link and story....there is also a video you can see on the right hand side (i will try and link it for you)

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49105

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49149

http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=20840&bw=

I ask that everyone would please pray for the family so they can get through this horrible time :(

ZeroLogic
03-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear that. The family will be in my prays.:ermm:

BlasterEaten250
03-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Sorry to hear that. The family will be in my prays.:ermm: :( :(

tp300ex
03-11-2006, 03:53 PM
sorry to here that..:( the same thing happend to my friend lost his mom,aunt,grandmother,2 sisters,and his brother....well ill be parying:(

Camaroguy87132
03-11-2006, 04:41 PM
wow, that sucks, sorry to hear that... family in my prayers.. looked like a hell ova wreck

400EXtreme
03-11-2006, 07:16 PM
wow that sucks. They are in my prayers

Foxyangel0425
03-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Here is a update on the story.....

Shaker 11-year-old, grandparents killed in car accident in Louisiana
Saturday, March 11, 2006

Joe Guillen

Plain Dealer Reporter

An 11-year-old Shaker Heights girl was declared dead Friday after being injured in a car accident in Louisiana that had claimed the lives of her grandparents the day before.

Friday night, Halle Gibson was on life support so her organs could be harvested at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, said her aunt, Margaret Ann Gibson of Shaker Heights.

Halle's grandparents, James Regis Shalala, 84, and Patricia G. Shalala, 77, both of Aurora, who also were passengers in the van Halle was riding in, were pronounced dead Thursday at the scene in Monroe.

Authorities said a speeding car rear-ended the van Halle's mother was driving. The impact of the crash propelled the van into another van, which then struck a car.

Halle was a fifth-grader at St. Dominic School in Shaker Heights. Principal Joan Agresta said school began Friday at Mass with the priest calling the children around the altar to pray for Halle.

"When a family is in need, they draw closer together," Agresta said.

Halle was the youngest of six children. Her parents, Rob and Maureene Gibson, are active in the community, Agresta said.

While her family helped with school functions, Halle would play basketball with the school's gym teacher, Agresta said.

"Halle's a charmer," Agresta said, adding that the girl was hard-working and helpful.

"To think Maureene has lost both her parents and little Halle is very difficult for us," Agresta said.

Maureene Gibson, 49, was released from the hospital Friday morning. The family was in Louisiana because Maureene Gibson's son, who is stationed at Fort Polk, was set for deployment to Afghanistan. His deployment has been delayed.

Lamesha D. Anderson, a passenger in the car that police believe caused the accident, was in serious condition Friday at LSU Health Sciences Center.

Authorities are reviewing possible charges.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.