PDA

View Full Version : steel braided brake line

jeremy_283
03-10-2006, 07:27 PM
do steel braided brake lines really make a big differnce over stock?

underpowered
03-10-2006, 07:28 PM
yes!!! definitally worth the money. i dont think i will ever own another quad without them(cept maybe a 450r)

stc416rider
03-10-2006, 07:54 PM
wat do thay do like make it have better stopping power???

honda460ex
03-10-2006, 10:49 PM
In a factory break line there is more room and the line will flex more inside. Hard to explain, but anyway, a steel breaded break line is stronger. It forces more pressure as far as break fluid to the caliper because it is not rubber. Rubber will expand some when you put pressure through it. So, it makes for a lighter pull of the brake lever to get you stopped. The brake calipers will react firmer with more ease of the lever, grab the rotor harder, and stop you quicker. Hope that made sense...

underpowered
03-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by honda460ex
In a factory break line there is more room and the line will flex more inside. Hard to explain, but anyway, a steel breaded break line is stronger. It forces more pressure as far as break fluid to the caliper because it is not rubber. Rubber will expand some when you put pressure through it. So, it makes for a lighter pull of the brake lever to get you stopped. The brake calipers will react firmer with more ease of the lever, grab the rotor harder, and stop you quicker. Hope that made sense...

yup, rubber expands under pressure while the steel does not. allow all the pressure to reach the caliper instead of losing some due to the lines expanding.

vdubaker
03-11-2006, 08:01 PM
i would have to agree i have braided lines on the front and back yfz 450 and it stops on a dime well worth the investment after all if you are going to spend the money to make the bike go faster you should spend the money to slow down your investment and all that horse power