PDA

View Full Version : Missouri People

Huzler
03-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Anyone ride here??? -->>>> http://www.offrdranch.com/ and where is is there to ride close to West Plains about 100miles SE of Springfield??

race-a-holic
03-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I live in northeast arkansas.Park seems more for trail rigs.Might be fun but probably not on my banshee when I get done with it.

cam400ex
03-10-2006, 08:53 PM
have you tried chadwick

Huzler
03-12-2006, 04:20 PM
nno sure havent

redrider91
03-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Chadwick has some pretty cool trails and wouldnt be that far for you. The town of chadwick is southeast of springfield, stop there first at a convienience store called "Kays" to get a map and permit, which cost $5/day. The riding area is southeast of Chadwick on hwy H.

Its good if you have someone to go riding with you in case you break down way back in the boonies. There are 125 miles of trails and they are marked on the map "easy, intermediate and expert". make sure you have a map or you could get lost back in there.

Huzler
03-14-2006, 10:04 AM
chadwick have some fast trails?? and thanks for the info man

jdwxv3
03-14-2006, 11:56 AM
The above link is going to have a GNCC national there on May the 6th. Also if you are into fast trail riding try www.mhscracing.com we have a quad series in Missouri that has some fast riders. Later, Josh

redrider91
03-16-2006, 06:45 AM
The trails at chadwick are not fast trails. all of the trails have 2 way traffic, so you dont want to go blasting around a curve and meet someone head on. Most of the time I cruise around in 2nd gear. occasionally on an open section I will hit 3rd. The fire roads you can open it up a bit more, but I wouldnt run down them wide open in 5th.

watts16
03-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by redrider91
The trails at chadwick are not fast trails. all of the trails have 2 way traffic, so you dont want to go blasting around a curve and meet someone head on. Most of the time I cruise around in 2nd gear. occasionally on an open section I will hit 3rd. The fire roads you can open it up a bit more, but I wouldnt run down them wide open in 5th.

I think it was trail 101. Along the crick. That was a good fast trail.
I havent been there for about 2 years. Do they have showers out there at the campground yet?

Huzler
03-17-2006, 11:53 AM
thanks i knew about the Hare Scrambles, and would like to race some but have to wait for my arm to get better(elbow is broke) but am going to try and race some

redrider91
03-17-2006, 08:31 PM
no showers at chadwick. They have primitive toilets at both Camp ridge (unloading area for day users) and at Cobb ridge (where the campground is). Camp ridge is the first area you come to as you drive south on H hwy. If you continue on south on H look for a gravel road going off to the right (west). It is not marked, but it will take you to Cobb ridge where the campground is.

Note, if you are just going for the day, do not unload at Cobb ridge in the campground (paved area) unless you have a permit to camp. Either unload at Camp ridge , or if you want to unload at Cobb ridge go past the campground on the gravel road and there are places to unload at along the road.

People just pull off the road and park under the trees along the fire road. A ranger told us its ok to do this, but if you park in the campground without a permit you can get a ticket. You can ride your quads in the campground and park them close to the toilet with no problems though.

wallabear
03-20-2006, 05:31 AM
They are making improvments to the Cobb ridge camping area. The showers are inprocess. They have also done alot of work to some of the trails like 101. We usually park and unload at the day use area on hte cobb ridge side. I think they need to go back through their map and remark some of the trails. there are a few that are marked blue (intermediate) that over the course of time and weather have definatly become a black (difficult). I do have a scanned full size version of the map of chadwick if anyone is intrested I can e-mail it to you. I am always looking for ppl to ride with down there so PM me if you need someone to ride with.

redrider91
03-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the info Wallabear, We havent been to chadwick since last summer, so didnt know about the improvements to Cobb ridge. I agree, they need to remark there trails in places. Someplaces there is a trail leading off into the woods, and you cant read the number for it anymore.

Last time we were there we started down a trail, only to get to a washed out section and find they had closed the trail from the other end, but hadnt put up a closed sign at the end we started from.

4wydnr
03-22-2006, 06:59 PM
Huzler, have you heard of Cloud 9 Ranch in Caulfield? It's about 20 miles west of West Plains. I was just there last weekend. Cloud 9 has 6,300 acres of the sweetest trails I've ever seen, the only problem is you need a member to get in.

Huzler
03-27-2006, 04:41 PM
yeah rode there a few weeks ago its about 10 miles from my house, we went in the gate got unloaded and in about 3 min i got pulled over for excessive acceleration, said i pulle a wheel off the ground, but that was all he said and said hed have his eye on me, thought it was funny, but thanks man