PDA

View Full Version : Ltr 450 Mx Reviews

450R-156
03-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I would like to here some opions form people who have rode a LTR on a motocross track, especially on how the suspension and how it handled

k&k_400ex_82
03-10-2006, 12:44 PM
i rode my buddys here in illinois the motor felt like it was striving for more so we took the baffle out ran real fast pulled real hard the whole pwerband. the suspension seemed really stiff though. i belive the suspension isnt to good. neither did anyone else that rode it. it handles realy good. but the rear of the seemed to sit up a little to high at least for my preference. but no high sideing. it pushed just a hari thru the corners but a little thrttle sliding and a little off to the side did me good. not bad though i really like it but the worst part was the suspenison in my opinion but if they were revaled i think they would excellent

AceLtz
03-10-2006, 03:45 PM
The suspension is stiff from the factory but all you need to do is adjust it. I adjusted mine and it made a world of difference. The shocks are great, especially the back. Turn the comp down in the front and hi/low in the back.

jon67
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM
how do i adjust tthe suspension on my ltr

KWAD GAWD
03-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by jon67
how do i adjust tthe suspension on my ltr
First of all, you have to know what you're doing. You don't just start turning stuff... Second of all, you have to break in your suspension all the way before you start messing with it too much. Thirdly, you have to figure out what's wrong with it before you can properly adjust it. Too stiff? Too soft? Too slow rebound? Pushing in turns? Then figure out how to correct the problem.. But like I said, it takes some knowledge of suspension in general to figure these things out.
When you do adjust it, you have to know where you're at to start with? Meaning... Count clicks to all the way IN - then back out accordingly. Don't adjust 5-6 clicks at a time! Do ONE CLICK at a time, then see if it helps you're situation. And you can't tell these subtle changes by cruising around a field... you have to test and test and test to teach yourself to notice the small things.
You can really screw up the handing of your bike if you mess around with the settings and don't have it set up right.

spudss
03-11-2006, 05:56 AM
nicely put...

Jersey450R
03-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
First of all, you have to know what you're doing. You don't just start turning stuff... Second of all, you have to break in your suspension all the way before you start messing with it too much. Thirdly, you have to figure out what's wrong with it before you can properly adjust it. Too stiff? Too soft? Too slow rebound? Pushing in turns? Then figure out how to correct the problem.. But like I said, it takes some knowledge of suspension in general to figure these things out.
When you do adjust it, you have to know where you're at to start with? Meaning... Count clicks to all the way IN - then back out accordingly. Don't adjust 5-6 clicks at a time! Do ONE CLICK at a time, then see if it helps you're situation. And you can't tell these subtle changes by cruising around a field... you have to test and test and test to teach yourself to notice the small things.
You can really screw up the handing of your bike if you mess around with the settings and don't have it set up right.

what he means is, know your quad, know what compression/rebound/preload do and their functions, and ride safe.:D