PDA

View Full Version : 440 sleeve question ?????

kat400ex
10-02-2001, 10:12 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by kat400ex
the 440 you buy a sleeve and they cut the cycliner out to fit the sleeve.....bigger piston.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oynot400 SAID:

This is not true unless you take it to a butcher shop. Yes they remove the sleeve, by heating up the jug in an oven and pressing it out and pressing the new sleeve back in. I still have my stock jug and piston, in perfect condition. That is how mine was done.

let me ask you this why put in a sleeve if its the same size? the 440 sleeve is bigger therefore the cyclinder has to be machined cut how ever you want to say it.....am i the only one that thinks this....can we get some opionions here or am i just wrong...oynot400 who ever did you work had to cut some of the cyclinder wall to fit a 440 sleeve in there.. ask them......416 is 80 over ......this is what i thought and if i am wrong i want to know for future reasons?????

10-02-2001, 10:34 PM
KAT YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. SLEEVE HAS TO REMOVED FROM JUG THEN JUG HAS TO BE BORED TO ACCEPT A BIGGER SLEEVE AND THEN BIGGER SLEEVE IS INSTALLED INTO BORED JUG. 406,416,426 CAN USE STOCK SLEEVE JUST BORED OUT TO SPECS.:square

oynot400
10-03-2001, 06:03 AM
My bad, I typed too quickly without reading the post to close. Yes you have to bore out the jug to fit the larger sleeve. I was thinking that kat400ex was cutting the sleeve out of the jug.
Sorry about the mix up. :)