PDA

View Full Version : help please 450r

05 rancher
03-10-2006, 11:42 AM
My brother is at work and im off today so he asked me to post this,so please bare with me..any help would be great.He took his 05 450R out yesterday and it ran ok,about 20 mins into his ride the quad like ran out of gas and cut off.Its started back up,and runs fine till you hit the gas,and then it dies again.he has some work done to it such as cams,revpack,full exhaust,jetted,ect.We took the plug out and it was fine,but we cleaned it up some,we ran it out of gas from idal,and then tried it again and it still did it,than we tried the gas line and started it for 10secs and let it run,and then we put the gas line on and tried it again,nothing......Also on monday he put new headlight bulbs in and thay are a little more watts then stock,could that be it.......We are stuck and its going to be a great weekend here in Nj !!!!! any help would be great.please help....Thanks Guys

MR.BIG
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
It sounds to me like you have some dirt in the carb. Take the carb off and clean out all the jets and then you should be good to go. I would also replace the plug too!

05 rancher
03-10-2006, 12:39 PM
ya but why would it have ran fine for about 10mins and then this happen

accorracer
03-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by 05 rancher
ya but why would it have ran fine for about 10mins and then this happen

because duruing that 10 minutes it may have gotten dirt in the carb

03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
it is also possible that one of the jets worked it way loose form not being tightened down enough. i am embarrased to say that i had this happen to me once...i got out on the trail after rejetting back to the stock pipe(long story, don't ask). about an hour in, it started falling on its face anywhere above half throttle...i went to the nearest place to call my dad so he could bring my truck to get it.
i took the carb apart the next day and the main jet had worked it's way loose. i also know someone that forgot to tighten the 2 screw that hold the needle in the slide...

05 rancher
03-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Ya but the quad has been rejetted for about 5months and there has been no problems..could thay still work there way out...

03-10-2006, 02:56 PM
it is a possibilty, or like someone said..some dirt in the carb...

tucson450r
03-10-2006, 04:14 PM
I had the same problem and it turned out that the two screws that hold the slide to the actuator arm had came out. Mine had been jetted ands the needle changed for about two months when this happened.

Chango
03-11-2006, 11:41 AM
I had the same 2 screws come out, loctite baby also check the screens wich your fuel runs through one in the carb inlet and the pickup in the tank

the predator
03-11-2006, 03:47 PM
also check your vent tube that runs from the gas cap to make sure it's not blocked or pinched off.