PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever ride at Taskers Gap, Va.???

EX Fanatic
07-22-2002, 07:39 PM
I was just past it last weekend and I want to go sometime. I got a map online of all the trails. :)

Ham Sandwich
07-23-2002, 05:11 PM
What's the zip code to the area?
Wanna see how far it is from me

EX Fanatic
07-23-2002, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure of the zip code. I do know it is right between Edinburg, Va and King's Crossing, Va. (King's Crossing is a very small town with a population of 39 people!!!!!)

Ham Sandwich
07-23-2002, 07:18 PM
i'm about 110 miles from there, thats do-able,is the riding area large? is it more for 4x4's or can the big dogs play?
Thanks for any info

EX Fanatic
07-24-2002, 03:12 AM
Well, see, I don't really know. I just went past it on my way to another place in Virginia. I'm adding a picture of the map of the riding area. You can also check out this website..........http://www.nvtr.org/taskers.html. There you can get directions to the place. You can also go to yahoo.com and type in Taskers Gap in the search box and it brings up a whole pile of websites with something about Taskers Gap. :)

two_baaalls
07-24-2002, 10:15 AM
I've ridden it multiple times. It is the rockiest trail you will ever find. Stock tires no good. 2-ply tires no good. Not muddy at all, some creek crossings. Good luck, bring some tools.

Ham Sandwich
07-24-2002, 11:20 AM
thanks for the heads up baaals, i dont even have any under armor other than stock and rocks suck anyway.
Where do you ride @?

two_baaalls
07-24-2002, 12:16 PM
Ham..

I've ridden with 4_punks_dad a few times here in Front Royal. There are a couple of short trails there. Mostly I travel to PA to ride with some buddies up there. I'm a regular at Madera, Sproul, and of course Cochranton.

Va sucks for trails. There are some off rt17 close to South Stafford, hevent been there since last year.

I've gone to the track in Inwood WV, its called Mountaineer Raceway. WWW.PARKANDRACE.COM. Wanted to race, too chicken. Practiced one weekend though. Been looken for someone to race with.

You?

two_baaalls
07-24-2002, 12:17 PM
Oh yeah, and I'm going to Wayne National Forest in OH this weekend.. Suck @ss 7 hour drive.

4punksdad
07-30-2002, 08:19 PM
vic..........we thought you were dead. haven't heard from you.

anyway......he is right, taskers gap is a major waste of time. its a friggen rock garden.

you guys are welcome to come out & try the trails at my place some time.

two_baaalls
07-31-2002, 06:50 AM
Sorry Bro, bike's been town down for over a month. Still havent worked out some bugs, but it halls ***. Wayne wasnt bad, too far though, wont be going there for a while.