PDA

View Full Version : is it hard

AtvRider21
07-22-2002, 07:30 PM
is it hard to put a bigger main jet ad pilot in and if i get a jet kit what size mane jet and pilot is in it please help thanks:confused:

TDBRPH
07-22-2002, 08:50 PM
dont waste your money on a jet kit just buy jets separately !

later

Triston

Nausty
07-23-2002, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by TDBRPH
dont waste your money on a jet kit just buy jets separately !

later

Triston

what he said. Go to the faq that should help you with a lot of your problems and you could pry learn a few things you should know.

AtvRider21
07-23-2002, 03:40 PM
why shouldnt i get it it adds power right

VegasEx'r
07-23-2002, 04:38 PM
All a jet kit is is several jets & some recommended instructions. For the number of jets you get, it isn't worth the money. Go to the dealer & buy some jets, you'll save yourself some money. Then ask here what jetting you should use. It isn't an exact science (unless you own a dyno), but you can get it dialed in w/ some experimenting. You can also go to dynojet's web page & see their instructions, and use that as a starting/reference point.

TDBRPH
07-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Besides with the kit you use a jet adaptor not oem style jets which are much cheaper and easier to locate...... jetting allows you to tune your machine it is all a balance of intake(air) fuel and exhaust. You usually cant just change one variable in the equation in order for your machine to run right and not cause any damage. So no changing jets doesnt increase power !

later

Triston

DEAL
07-23-2002, 05:08 PM
Buying jets is alot of guess work.
People will tell you what size to use but they might not be at the same altitude as you.

AtvRider21
07-23-2002, 05:51 PM
well i am in ct and i live and im about 20-30 feet above sea level and i am goin to get a pipe , filter and a coupple more so what size main jet and pilot should i get so i can add alot of mods i need help soon cus i might go tomorrow to get the stuff thanks:D