PDA

View Full Version : what suspension?

blakefoote
03-10-2006, 07:10 AM
ok I am gonna want some shocks pretty soon and I was wanting some opinions on shocks for RT...I have looked at the retail prices for axis, elka, pep, ohlins, and a couple more...where is the best place to get some? who has the best prices? and which suspiension should i go with?...I am a C class rider...:ermm:

fandl450r
03-10-2006, 07:40 AM
You will get a variety of different opinions on this subject. For the most part its just people's personal preference. Like me for example I'm a die hard Axis fan, so by all means I am going to tell you Axis. But in all seriousness each shock company is going to have their strong points about them, and also some drawbacks:

PEP- Superior valving, older check ball and spring technology.
Axis- Decent valving, available Titanium springs, slow customer service.
Elka- From factory, valving is not exact by any means. Great customer service.

In your case, with being a C rider you could even get your stockers revalved and resprung and have a great first front end. But any shock chosen will be a great improvement, just all depends on how deep your pockets are. :)

As far as where to get them C&D I have heard have very good prices, I use a guy down in GA who I have done business with for years and has never lead me in the wrong direction.

03-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by blakefoote
ok I am gonna want some shocks pretty soon and I was wanting some opinions on shocks for RT...I have looked at the retail prices for axis, elka, pep, ohlins, and a couple more...where is the best place to get some? who has the best prices? and which suspiension should i go with?...I am a C class rider...:ermm:

if you want aftermarket, Elka would be the best choice for you, if your wanting a revalve i would just send them to GT Thunder for a temporary solution until you decide to go aftermarket, the best place to get them would be from any sponsors you have that can get you a deal, or get them direct