PDA

View Full Version : Question's on a 300!?!?

Fox300ex
07-22-2002, 06:17 PM
Ok I have two motor one is mine and one is my cuz's .. his is a 425 or 426 which ever one. the crank broke and went threw the case!:confused: im goin to take his head and cinder and put on my case . Some guy told me i gotta change the crank every 6 months?? Is that true??

Anothere thing front bottom motor mount .. leacks oil ? all bolts are tight and new gasket , cant figure it out ??
:confused:

Brian

Ex'r Marlin
07-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Fox300ex
Anothere thing front bottom motor mount .. leacks oil ? all bolts are tight and new gasket , cant figure it out ??
:confused:Brian If this is your 300ex you are talking about, sounds like you got a fine crack on one of your engine cases. Is it the left front side of your atv? If so, check the front left bottom case closest to the center. (There are 4 sections... Right cover, Right case, Left case, Left cover).

As for changing the crank every 6 months.... :confused: I have never heard that comment.

Fox300ex
07-22-2002, 06:56 PM
If ur settin on the quad its on the left right next to the motor mount i looked for cracks none that i could find .. that is on my case .. my cuz's case is junk unless u weild the peaces back together.. lol

Ex'r Marlin
07-22-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Fox300ex
If ur settin on the quad its on the left right next to the motor mount i looked for cracks none that i could find Yeah, if this is the 300ex your are talking about, you may have a hair line crack right in the area you are talking about... I hope I am wrong though, and hopefully it will be something easy to fix!:(

Fox300ex
07-22-2002, 08:22 PM
OK beside that they say i need a oil cooler .. is it like a 400 ex oil cooler coz i wanted to rig upa raptor on coz it alot smaller .. ??

i have a fmf pipe and silencer .. its the maxamun 3 or w/e .. wit out plats i took them out what exhaust would i be better off but cheapest wit for a 425??