PDA

View Full Version : maier plastic help

elbine69
03-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Well Im replacing my stock plastic with a set of maier plastics. I also bought a tank cover too. With the tank cover on and the mounting brackets on the plastics the holes that mount it to the frame are about a half inch or so off from lining up. Has anyone else run into a problem like this? I was just going to make new brackets but I figured I would ask you guys first. Also is there a strap that I have to buy for behind the gas tank? The mounts are different than on the stock plastic. Thanks in advance.

elbine69
03-10-2006, 03:03 PM
am i the only one who has had this problem?

D Bergstrom
03-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Did you buy these new or used? There should be a hardware kit that comes with the fenders. Also they should have come with the strap that goes over the back side of the tank that ties the two fenders togethers.You say that you are going to make a bracket, the maier fenders come with a bracket already. (One for each side.) It is only about two inches long and has a couple of small bends in it. The bracket attaches to the frame, and then you attach the fender to the bracket. Also they should have come with the strap that goes over the back side of the tank that ties the two fenders togethers. Hope that helps. If not let me know what you need, and I should be able to help. I run full maier plastic on mine.

Doug

elbine69
03-11-2006, 07:01 AM
Yes I bought it new. It didnt come with the strap but it did come with all the brackets. The problem is that the brackets when mounted on the frame are like a half inch off from reaching the holes in the plastic because the with the tank cover on it doesnt allow it to go down enough. It fits fine without the tank cover btw.

D Bergstrom
03-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I see. I do not have a tank cover, as I have a over size tank. Hopefully someone else on here has one and can give you some help.

Doug

elbine69
03-12-2006, 07:34 PM
anybody?