PDA

View Full Version : oil change

LTZ400rider
03-09-2006, 03:57 PM
well my quad leaked oil, and i finally fixed it after a long time, well i didnt drain it all the way and i added more oil, when i went to check it oil bursted everywhere so i guess i had too much, so i drain it. i didnt add any oil yet to test it out, but i noticed some anti freeze on my water pump. could too much oil cause a problem like this. also the oil looked pretty watery :huh is anti freeze leaking into my oil? explain how it could :ermm:

LTZ400rider
03-09-2006, 07:29 PM
bump, this is kinda important need to know by tomorrow!!

03-10-2006, 12:57 AM
there is not supposed to be antifreeze in your oil...you got a MAJOR problem. Im pretty sure its a gasket inside your engine that went. Requires the cases split but im not postive but I know oil in antifreeze is bad!

nat78
03-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Sounds like you have some serious problems, I definetly wouldnt ride it anymore if the oil is milky looking and building pressure in the oil tank. This happened to a guy I was riding with about a month ago, his Z400 was about 6 months old. It started smoking real bad so he stopped, went to go check his oil and it had pressure built up in the oil tank, oil was grey because it was mixed with the antifreeze. He ended up having to have the head gasket changed.

rooster300ex
03-10-2006, 03:12 PM
suzuki:rolleyes:

lol j/k