PDA

View Full Version : scaryest time of my life!

One_Bad_400
03-09-2006, 03:00 PM
i just had the scaryest moment of my life happen to me... my heart is still beating so fast and this was 30 minutes ago... i was coming home from school in my truck, it had been raining all day so the streets were slick... well i have this S turn near my house... well i was going around it around 40ish MPH and then i hit the gas, well little did i know the rear wheels broke loose... and i didnt know... so it went side ways to the left... going strait to about 3 street sign... so all i could think about is my *** getting wooped by my dad if i made it out alive... then i wip it to the right and slid sideways for about 20 feet (only thinking HOLY SHIAT I'M ABOTU TO ROLL) then wiped it around strait into somones yard back wards... then the truck stoped... but i tried to get out of there b4 someone saw but my truck stalled... so i had to re-start it... and when i was leaving the person came out there house... now they have HUGE ruts in there yard and i feel horrible... its a good thing (i'm not trying to sound like i'm bragging) i know what i'm doing... becasue anyone else would had freaked out and just stoped on the breaks and turned the wheel the wrong way at the wrong time... but i thank God right now that i'm still alive and my truck is un harmed, and my 2 friends that were in the truck

i will NEVER do soemthing like that again...

03-09-2006, 03:03 PM
damn that sounds heart-pounding to me...but its good your ok

ShiftFMX
03-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Now that person prolly thinks some jerk was giving them a lawn job. Did you go talk to the person who owned the land you turfed up?

One_Bad_400
03-09-2006, 03:11 PM
no... i was so freakin scared and in shock... i didnt know what the heck to do... i like... i onow what to do... this is the first time something like this has ever happened and i've lost control, i'm afraid that they'll call the cops or something... and when i tell my mom... i'm afraid she'll take the keys away from me... i'm 15 years old! lol...

JRP
03-09-2006, 03:17 PM
so ur 15 and already have ur liscense? cause here you have to be 16 and 3months to get your liscense.

underpowered
03-09-2006, 03:22 PM
definitally a scary ride, but once you lean how to contro stuff liek that, driving becomes much better. my brother had a 1994 toyota truck, 4 banger with a 5 speed gear jammer. if it was raing outside, drifting was ineviteble in that thing with its nearly bald MT tires on it. Great fun once you lean to drive it, great for scareing people as well. With My old GMC truck, that thing was sideways so many time in the rain its not even funny, but the first time it did it without me trying i about crapped:eek2:

One_Bad_400
03-09-2006, 03:23 PM
yep... we have to be 15 and 6 months...

ok... i think my heart is FINALY slowing down... i swair i thought i was going to lose it for good... i mean i saw those signs.. and i just knew i was going into them and taking them out and then going down in a ditch and hitting some trees... but... gosh... i feel so bad for tearing up there yard... maybe at like midnight or something i'll go try and fix it... lol... but i'm scared to go knock on there door and tell them

NacsMXer
03-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Sorry about your luck and glad you didn't get hurt or hurt anyone else.

To tell you the truth, if your rearend kicked out and you didn't know it until it already started to come around on you, then you need more driving experience in that vehicle. The only way the rear end will bust loose is if you hit a bump and take all the weight off the suspension directly in the turn, or by hitting the gas. It won't just slide out on its own if you're not in the gas (unless you hit a bump in the apex of the turn). So if there was not a bump, then you were giving it too much gas in the turn.

I've been driving my 99 F-150 since I was 15 as well, so I can understand what happened to you. In time, you will learn exactly how that truck reacts to your input and in what driving conditions. Take this as a learning experience, and try to take it easy until you know EXACTLY how that truck handles.

One_Bad_400
03-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
definitally a scary ride, but once you lean how to contro stuff liek that, driving becomes much better. my brother had a 1994 toyota truck, 4 banger with a 5 speed gear jammer. if it was raing outside, drifting was ineviteble in that thing with its nearly bald MT tires on it. Great fun once you lean to drive it, great for scareing people as well. With My old GMC truck, that thing was sideways so many time in the rain its not even funny, but the first time it did it without me trying i about crapped:eek2:

ya... i drift all the time... i love drifting... but i really didnt try to drift on this turn... i was at to high of speed and it just wasnt a turn to do it in, in my kind of truck...

400exstud
03-09-2006, 03:58 PM
i will NEVER do soemthing like that again...

I call your bluff.

When I was 20 days into my license I got into a bad wreck. Over $30,000 of damages between my truck and the ladys car. Good thing it wasn't my fault.

Drifting is great, except when all of the front wheel driving rice racers think that they are pro. Once school gets out I should'em how to get 'R' done.

SGA
03-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Im glad youre ok and yes that would scare anyone.

It just takes time behind the wheel to become good driver,
such as knowing safe speeds for conditions, allowing enough room between you and the car in front of you for a panic stop in case they jam the brakes, learning to watch for careless drivers, etc.

Ive helped several people learn to drive and I keep harping "Pay attention! It only takes a sec for a car to pull out in front of you or in your lane".

I get the reply " It would be thier fault if they did that"

And I say "Yes it would be thier fault and you would have plenty of time to think about it being thier fault while laying up in the hospital".

"Drive defensively" :o

trick450r
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by JRP
so ur 15 and already have ur liscense? cause here you have to be 16 and 3months to get your liscense.

here in CT you have to be 16 and 6 months, i get my liscense in 1 month. Cant wait, the only problem is my mother was a paramedic a year or two ago so i've been to a crapload of bad accidents, so im deffinatly not a granny driver, but far from your average wreckless teen driver lol...And SGA you have a good point, its not you, its the other guy you should be worried about, thats why i drive a 5500 lbs lifted range rover lol, come hit it, i dare you....

SGA
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
I gotta laugh. Here yesterday a driver in a shiney BMW convertible tried to run the left turning lane light at the intersection. You know the type, while turning left runs through it just as it turns red before the other cars start coming.

A guy in a ragged out pickup on the other side of the intersection (he was going straight) got the green and went. He clipped the BMW and spun him around. I think he hit the BMW on purpose! :D

I hate getting the green and having to wait while others turning left in front of me try to run the light. I feel vindicated!:p

400exrules
03-09-2006, 05:33 PM
sucks man, my friend has a dodge ram 1500, and he just put 35's on it, and i was ridin with him and it was rainin, and we were powerslidin out of parkin lots and stuff, i was suprised it would spin those 35's so easy cuz it really wasnt rainin all that hard

Dune Surfer
03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Im glad youre ok and yes that would scare anyone.

It just takes time behind the wheel to become good driver,
such as knowing safe speeds for conditions, allowing enough room between you and the car in front of you for a panic stop in case they jam the brakes, learning to watch for careless drivers, etc.

Ive helped several people learn to drive and I keep harping "Pay attention! It only takes a sec for a car to pull out in front of you or in your lane".

I get the reply " It would be thier fault if they did that"

And I say "Yes it would be thier fault and you would have plenty of time to think about it being thier fault while laying up in the hospital".

"Drive defensively" :o
SGA good to see your still around!!

PunkA$$
03-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
... i'm 15 years old! lol...

Not trying to be a prick or anything, but your profile says your 19. Unless your on somebody elses account?:confused:

416exfreak
03-09-2006, 06:24 PM
i like to drift my 416 in the winn dixie parkin lot at night:devil: , lat time we tried driftn a truck, i got 23 stitches in my head and a titanium rod in my leg.............long story