PDA

View Full Version : Warrior sputters when warmed up.

400EXBill
03-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Ok, I just bought a 1999 Warrior 350 for the girlfriend to ride yesterday. When I went to look at it, it was cold, but seemed to run fine with the choke on. Even took it around the yard once. Today, I let it warm up to temperature. At first it ran fine with the choke on and a little after the choke was off. Just like yesterday. So, I let it run some more. Then, all of a sudden, it started to sputter and pop as soon as I tryed giving it any gas no matter if the choke was on or off. It still idled fine though. Any ideas?

300exOH
03-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Does it have any mods? Check it for exhaust and intake leaks. Also check the jetting and make sure the carb is clean.

400EXBill
03-09-2006, 12:36 PM
No mods that I know of. When I bought it, it didn't have a spark arrestor in it. I put one in, because where I ride, it's required.

300exOH
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 400EXBill
No mods that I know of. When I bought it, it didn't have a spark arrestor in it. I put one in, because where I ride, it's required.

Hmm...I doubt the spark arrestor would affect anything. I would check everything I mentioned above and also make sure there's fresh fuel in the tank(may have old fuel) and also check to make sure the main jet hasn't come loose and sitting in the carb bowl. I would check all the intake boots for leaks and also check the exhaust gaskets too.

96mojave
03-09-2006, 05:35 PM
i agree with him i think its something in the carb

DirtDevilBT
03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Sounds like it's running lean which might be what OH is talking about. Dump the tank and carb of gas, check the boots, clean out the carb thoroughly. I have a feeling if it's in the carb it would be that ur pilot jet is clogged and that's why it runs good with the choke on.

400EXBill
03-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I took the carb apart and cleaned it out. While doing this, I noticed the wire for the reverse lever came undone. I plugged it back in and reassembled the carb. Runs good. It seems it still seems to need some tweaking yet, but it is definately rideable now.

300exOH
03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 400EXBill
Thanks for the advice guys. I took the carb apart and cleaned it out. While doing this, I noticed the wire for the reverse lever came undone. I plugged it back in and reassembled the carb. Runs good. It seems it still seems to need some tweaking yet, but it is definately rideable now.

Glad you got it fixed. At least it was something simple.