PDA

View Full Version : suspension help

parts eeter
03-09-2006, 07:11 AM
I finished my engine and now my quad flies!! All of my suspension is now showing weakness,that was unnoticeable before.I have a new oem rear shock,and new 450r fronts.I run them all the way soft on preload and comp/ rebound.They are harsh on the trail.Stock a arms and swinger is used.What should I do.I was thinking that I should have GT or Derisi do the fronts with ZPS and revalve and do a GT rear link and revalve respring on my rear shock.Let me know if this is a waste and I should just buy some other suspension components.My quad seems to sit tall.I would like it to be a bit lower and I was thinking that some offset wheels would get me some width along with the lower ride height because the a arms wil be more paralell.I dont wanna go x tremely wide though I am a woods rider.But out on the logging roads this thing is all over the place.:huh Help

underpowered
03-09-2006, 07:14 AM
i good revalve is all you should need. Laz does some amazing things with shocks and i dont think you will be dissapointed with revalving the front and rear and getting his XC linkage.

parts eeter
03-09-2006, 12:09 PM
You think Laz will be the best?? I am kind of waiting to see how he handles this machine bill he overcharged me on.He said he will make good on it but hasnt got back with me on it yet.He said the xc linkage should only be used with the 22 inch rears and I use 20 inchers cuz they run better that way.Would it work with the 20s?? If so I have an xtra rear shock I can send him,but I need some loaner boingers so I can still ride while my 450 shocks are out for revalve.I will post a want ad for them or get or raid my buddies parts bin for those hopefully.I heard he cuts the r shox down on the front to get the ride height nice and low while still gettin like almost 12 inches travel.I will hit him up right now.Thanks

underpowered
03-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Laz is one of the better ones, but deresi is also great from what i have heard. either one should be great.
laz will either striaght up revalve your shocks, or he can do an extended travel conversion to the stock R shocks that adds a few inches to your wheel travel. Your best bet is to call and talk to him or go to http://www.derisiracing.com/atv/atvindex.htm and talk to him about a revalve

zrpilot
03-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by parts eeter
You think Laz will be the best?? I am kind of waiting to see how he handles this machine bill he overcharged me on.He said he will make good on it but hasnt got back with me on it yet.He said the xc linkage should only be used with the 22 inch rears and I use 20 inchers cuz they run better that way.Would it work with the 20s?? If so I have an xtra rear shock I can send him,but I need some loaner boingers so I can still ride while my 450 shocks are out for revalve.I will post a want ad for them or get or raid my buddies parts bin for those hopefully.I heard he cuts the r shox down on the front to get the ride height nice and low while still gettin like almost 12 inches travel.I will hit him up right now.Thanks

parts eeter.. You and me are in the same boat!!! I also have some 450R shocks sent to Laz for re-valve, re-spring, and compressed length mod.

I also sent my rear out for re-valve. I plan on getting his link as well.

I noticed though that his web site says that you CAN use 20" tires with his link on the 400EX.? Do you know different?

I hope we get them soon and they work like I think they will!!!

Good luck and let me know what you think of your shocks!

Zrpilot

parts eeter
03-10-2006, 05:24 AM
He has 2 links,mx and xc .One is for the 22 inchers and one is for mx small tires.He will advise which one you need as I am no expert on them.I really would like to hear from you and get your feedback as I havent sent mine out yet.Shoot me a message after your first ride and let me know.I would really appreciate it.Thanks