PDA

View Full Version : Another Crazy Question ?

TD53
03-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Was just looking around at some of your stuff and man, you do some awesome work. As soon as I get some cash together I'll be sending you my shocks , heat shield, and nerfs. But my question is eventually I wanna get my frame PC'd black. The thing is I have no idea about tearing my frame down , or how to put it back together. I noticed you are only about 3 hours from me so i was wondering if anyone has ever just dropped a bike off to you , and you tear it down ,pc the frame, and put it back together. Would this be way too time consuming and out of the question, or would the cost be great? Just getting an idea for future reference, but my frame is definately gonna be black eventually.

Thanks , Sorry for the trouble....

Tyler

Pappy
03-09-2006, 04:28 AM
Alot of people drop them off and pick them up when they are done.

Ofcourse labor to tear one down and reassemble is not cheap:p A full tear down, pc, gusset and reassembly will run easily $800-$1200 not counting the small parts needed in most cases for the rebuild.

Now, if you would like to bring it here and do it, with us close by to lend a hand, we wouldnt charge you a penny. That also would include reassembly. The biggest issue with tear down on a Honda is the swing arm pivot bolt and if it has never been out can cause some issues, but it will come out.

Best advice, do it all at once.

TD53
03-09-2006, 09:36 AM
I definately appreciate the offer of letting me do it there with you all to help. Never really seen that kinda offer from a business, that's top notch man. I was actually thinking I may be able to do it myself, the only part I'm worried about is the electrical stuff and the rear brakes/brake lines. I've had my whole front end off, all the plastics, the gas tank, snorkle thing, the carb, and the airbox all off before. Does the whole rearend come out as one, once you tackle the pivolt bolt? Also is there a way to keep the electronics hooked together and just have them off the bike?

Sorry for the trouble,

Tyler

Pappy
03-09-2006, 10:50 AM
as long as the pivot bolt comes out , the rest is gravy

TD53
03-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Ok thanks alot! Any word on A-arms yet?

Pappy
03-09-2006, 11:32 AM
i plum forgot to ask not more then 15 minutes ago:( haha I will be calling again!

TD53
03-09-2006, 11:35 AM
HAHA no worries, i'm in no big hurry.