PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Help!!

440ex kid
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
I was wiring up my new system in my truck today, ran into a few problems. First off I wired the inline crossover on the stock head unit (I dont want to buy an aftermarket headunit) and the remote. I got everything hooked up. I had the ground mounted to the bottom of the seat bracket. Well everything worked fine, but they sounded like crap and didnt pound at all. I figured it was a crappy ground. So I pull the fuse out of the amp, take the ground off, move it to a new location. Then as I go to put the fuse back in, it throws a few sparks and now my amp will not play. There is a light on it that tells if there is a problem, its either green or red. Green is good, red means something is wrong. I cannot get it to go green.

I am going to try and move the ground back to where I had it, but Im concerned that my amp is now blown. I had these amp and subs hooked up in another car before this one and it worked fine. Any input or sugestions would be appreciated

JDiablo
03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Maybe you just blew the fuse.

Ahh your not the only one,I just blew all FOUR,yes FOUR speakers in my car.

440ex kid
03-08-2006, 09:10 PM
I replaced all the fuses. They looked fine, but I replaced them with new ones and still the red light. :confused:

Diedrich
03-09-2006, 03:23 AM
well first i would unhook it all and hook it up again..if its still on protect(red) then something is probably wrong with your amp..i've had this happen many of times