PDA

View Full Version : Help changing carrier bearings?

josh30917
03-08-2006, 07:39 PM
If anyone could give me some advice on changing the rear carrier bearings on my cdale id sure appreciate it. Never changed any but i need to change them so i can sell the quad due to a baby on the way. Then if i can get the bearings out, do the bearings match up with any other quads (honda, yamaha ect.) so it wont be so hard to get some new ones since no one locally carries any cdale parts. Any help wold be appreciated.

armoks
03-08-2006, 08:32 PM
The best way to do the carrier it to put it in a vice (very loosely) and heat it with a torch until the bearing falls out, then take your new bearing that is frozen, and quickly drop it back in. Let it cool, then do the other side.

then after its cool lightly tap the seals in

armoks
03-08-2006, 08:34 PM
carrier bearings are the same as a 400ex BUT there are two on each side. the seals are different though. give Blackwidow ATV a call I think he carries the original parts for the carrier bearings.

ACEwrench
03-08-2006, 09:07 PM
i just replaced carrier bearings, its not hard, it actually took longer to put the rear-end back together :macho

armoks
03-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ACEwrench
i just replaced carrier bearings, its not hard, it actually took longer to put the rear-end back together :macho

And thats an easy rear to put back together:devil: