PDA

View Full Version : I'm So ******* Pissed

trx450jason
03-08-2006, 05:26 PM
The bolts that hold my skid plate were bent upward but not too bad so I didn't think anything about it. But when i go to put it back on the damn bolt keeps going all the way threw the bottom of the motor. I didn't notice until all of the oil started rushing out and now there's not any left in it. Is there anything I can do???

Hammer trx450r
03-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by trx450jason
The bolts that hold my skid plate were bent upward but not too bad so I didn't think anything about it. But when i go to put it back on the damn bolt keeps going all the way threw the bottom of the motor. I didn't notice until all of the oil started rushing out and now there's not any left in it. Is there anything I can do???

You could try some kind of jb weld but you would have to get the thing super clean of any oils. Not a good situation.

bozz
03-08-2006, 05:33 PM
take the motor out' and clean it up. Then take it to a pro and have it welded. If it's done right it will work. And Next Time use shorter bolts!! :rolleyes:

03-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Buy a flywheel puller, some cases and a gasket set. Just what you wanted to hear.

trx450jason
03-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by bozz
take the motor out' and clean it up. Then take it to a pro and have it welded. If it's done right it will work. And Next Time use shorter bolts!! :rolleyes:

Haha tell me about it. But these were the stock bolts but the mounts were just bent upwards.

03-08-2006, 09:17 PM
THAT SUCKS JASON!!!!!!!!! mt. vernon? im pretty darn close to you mayne

DAB516
03-08-2006, 09:38 PM
I had a friend snap the head off a bolt while trying to drain the oil. In the process of removing the rest of the bolt a decent peice of the block broke off. We took the engine out and took it to my work and had the welder weld it up. It looks brand new and you can't even tell anything ever happened.

macsolocam
03-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Let me guess....You have a AC Racing skid pan????...

Same thing happend to me.....I tried to run it a second time and had a bolt that barely screwed into the welded tab on the frame....They still bent but didn't get my side case this time...

Solution.....If you are a mx'er just dont'run one...it is not necessary....If you just got to have one look into some other brands besides ac....or move your tabs on your frame and dirll new holes in your pan.....

Good luck...

trx450jason
03-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Yep it was the AC racing skid plate. Good thing at where my dad works they can do aluminum welding. How much would it cost to take it some where and get this done?

GIXXER1KR
03-09-2006, 06:15 PM
PRM Skids all the way!!!!!

gilbert383
03-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Don't let him lie to you....he's just trying to give his parents a reason to buy him a 06' or 07'....haha cook:devil: :D

trx450jason
03-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Don't listen to him either. He's just made beacuse im faster than him and I'm on a quad and he rides dirtbikes haha. But anyways would a weld hold up there?