PDA

View Full Version : stock bore hotcams stage 2 ?

6858-400ex
03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
does anyone have the stock bore and a stage 2 cam

what is the power like i have an exhaust and a air filter

what gearing should i use i have 22 inch tires i dont want to toataly lose my bottom end power

hondaboy400ex55
03-08-2006, 05:39 PM
14T front sproket

B-rad D
03-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 6858-400ex
does anyone have the stock bore and a stage 2 cam

what is the power like i have an exhaust and a air filter

what gearing should i use i have 22 inch tires i dont want to toataly lose my bottom end power
i have the same ? cabout the cam and stock bore and just a full hmf exhaust, jetted and a air fliter, does anyone no?

Sleeper
03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
from talking to a guy that runs a performance shop for mainly honda's and was a honda mech for years. Stock bore is not a big deal with the stage 2 or stage 1 but you will get quite a boost going to a hi compression piston.

that's my next move. cheap and easy home job. I'm staying at 400cc because I'm an instant gratification type of guy. I can drop a new piston in, in no time flat all buy my self.

It will be a while though. I'm very happy for now. might as well ride that out before I dump more money

Sleeper

B-rad D
03-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Sleeper
from talking to a guy that runs a performance shop for mainly honda's and was a honda mech for years. Stock bore is not a big deal with the stage 2 or stage 1 but you will get quite a boost going to a hi compression piston.

that's my next move. cheap and easy home job. I'm staying at 400cc because I'm an instant gratification type of guy. I can drop a new piston in, in no time flat all buy my self.

It will be a while though. I'm very happy for now. might as well ride that out before I dump more money

Sleeper
same here

Sleeper
03-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by B-rad D
i have the same ? cabout the cam and stock bore and just a full hmf exhaust, jetted and a air fliter, does anyone no?

well your looking at what I have but with a stage one instead.
I also have fore 2in holes in the top of my air box lid.

It's hard for me to comment on adding the cam after the pipe and filter because I did them all at once for the most part. I did however get to ride up the street a couple times be for the cam was dropped in. I do think I gained a good mid range boost without the loss of low end from the cam. So far I love it.

not much help I know